New frame

ChavoLC2

This would be the ultimate G-machine setup for a G-body.They make frames to fit under many cars why not a G-body. Think a bare frame starts at 3500. they're able to get those 345 series tires to fit under the 1/4ers with narrowed frame rails and mini tubs. If I were a rich man I'd do this in a heart beat and have em' do a Twin Turbo LSX engine to go between the front tires. Guess a poor person can dream. For now I'll stick with my straight line V6 GN, someday I'll have a GN that can do it all.:eek:

Attachments

• singlerailA.jpg
    singlerailA.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 200
  • ls2TT.jpg
    ls2TT.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 201
Awesome

JD That would be real cool with new upgraded front suspension components, that would make your Gn even more of a corner Carver. supposedly these frames are 200x's more rigid then the stock frame they replace.. Would be nice to have a car that could handle the curves as well.

Well, the plan so far is to have an affordable frame available using the stock frame as a start. Then from there go where the customer wants to go. We are in the process of looking for a shop. Doing it out of the garage does the trick but it's going to be much more comfortable in a nice BIG, OPEN shop! BTW, $3500 for a bare frame seems astronomical to me. The other components are the most expensive part of a project like this. My idea is to make the frames cheap so customers can buy NICE suspension and brake parts without braking the bank, which we will be able to accomodate of course!!!! Yes these guys' frames are nice but the stock frame is an excellent platform. No need to go completely custom. All that does is drive up the cost.

Jeremy,

Considering what the price of steel is these days and the time invested in R & D I think that a $3500.00 frame isn't crazy, especially when compared to what some of the 1st Gen Camaro subframes cost.

However, that being said I'm not running out to get a tubular chro-moly frame made anytime soon. I'll stick with a nice clean, smoothed and boxed stock frame that I'll get finished one of these days :rolleyes:

I've seen a schwartz chassis up close. They are works of art. Now, if we can get the rest of that 65 GTO to look as good as the Chassis, it'll be golden.

Hi Folks,

Behind the firewall, that frame seems to be stiffer than a stock G-body's. But forward of it, that frame seems flimsier. Unless safety and overall chassis stiffness are unimportant, I wouldn't use it in my car.

Best,
MAP