New flex plate problem with TCC

jpratt

I have a new SFI flex plate. When I put the tranny up against the block the TCC and flex plate are right. Before this plate I remember being able to rotate the TC to get the mounting holes lined up. Is some thing screwed or should I not worry about it? I already pulled the tranny loose and made sure the TC was all the way in, I never took it out. And I made sure the flex plate is oriented the correct way.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399221827.763645.jpg

just got same flex plate - mine is the exact same as yours. did you have to massage the bolt holes any? I'm waiting to prime motor before I put in tc bolts.

I just installed a new JW plate and it requires the holes to be drilled out for 7/16" bolts. It's probably standard procedure to drill out the holes.

I did not have to do anything to the holes. The TC and flex plate will not rotate against each other to allow bolt hole to line up.

I did not have to do anything to the holes. The TC and flex plate will not rotate against each other to allow bolt hole to line up.
Oh...I was answering the other guy who asked about messaging the holes.

The problem is your Vigilante converter as we had problems with them years ago, and the did NOT have proper clearance to the flexplate even with a stock one.

Since you probably do not want to trash the converter, your only choice is to have the bolt pads on it machined for the proper clearance which the manufacturer never did properly when they were built.

If you do not have this done you will be replacing the thrust main bearing and possible screw up your crank?

Oh man....my buddy took out two thrust bearings before he found out it was the Convertor causing it.

I had a converter like that one time and it was built too tall , called where I got the converter they give me another one that was built shorter and it worked .