New Extender Chip from Full Throttle

AN/GSC-52

I just installed the chip this weekend. One question is I ordered the Extreme chip, even the reciept has the extreme part number. The chip is just marked Extender, as are the directions. So based on this I shrugged my head and installed, few datalog days are left. Hope I'm right as this is how translator switches are set.
The attached file is from today.

Overall love the chip.

Can you please look at 361.411 something odd occurs here. LV8 drops, injectors drop.

Thanks

Attachments

• 01202013.000.dat
    963.5 KB · Views: 98
I had that Chip,had 3 differant ones custum burnt for my motor combo's,professoanly dyno tuned. All wouldn't get the car past 1/2 track...(plus the motors went,3 builds,Toast) Beware!

give me the part number and the name on the order, I will look it up.

Depending on the MAF and injectors, the regular extender was probably the correct chip for the application. up to 60 lbs injectors the Extender is the right chip.

The extreme was developed for 72lbs and higher, although there is some overlap in the ranges.

The BLMs look ok.

The LV8 is "MAF Dropout". The chip has a routine inside to prevent it, but you are under 2.5v on the TPS, so the feature has not activated. (LV8 gets locked to 254 when the feature activates)

Bob

I had that Chip,had 3 differant ones custum burnt for my motor combo's,professoanly dyno tuned. All wouldn't get the car past 1/2 track...(plus the motors went,3 builds,Toast) Beware!

Well, what datalogs do you have? Other info?

Bob

Well, what datalogs do you have? Other info?

Bob

Not to jump on this person thread but here you go,Sure sounds like same problem here, it's been real mess,this was in 2005,nobody couldn't figure out the problem. I've since been learning an reading up to find out myself what went wrong. i believe the new speed density chips came out to solve it, not sure, i went to XFI, but i can't stand to see anyone went though what i did.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/10-50-87gn-numbers-matching-mayhem.386951/

i could get the chips info if you like it, i still have the last one for 72's an mod ECM (quad air)

Name: Adams
PN: BW034B0FA
MAF: LS1
Translator

I just got it this week.

Your help is greatly appreciated
Dan

hard to say, its possible that you hit the ECM rev limiter, which is a head-gasket killer on alky.

Also, DS was prone to noise sensitivity, which could have been the issue. Did you ever run without DS as a test, or with another ECM?

Of course, it could be a defective chip, the chip design is pretty well proven though.

Bob

Name: Adams
PN: BW034B0FA
MAF: LS1
Translator

I just got it this week.

Your help is greatly appreciated
Dan

Ok, it does look like the chip is running well, drive it around for a while and if you want to swap it for an "extreme" we can do that. I don't think there is any advantage to doing so however.

Bob

Its probably ok. PM me your address if you want to try one of the extreme chips.

B

HelloBozos said:

If you don't stop posting this every time someone posts about using the factory ECM you will be on vacation again. Do not post in a tech thread unless you have tech info to support the op's post. You don't know crap about tuning or why things happen the way they do.

If you don't stop posting this every time someone posts about using the factory ECM you will be on vacation again. Do not post in a tech thread unless you have tech info to support the op's post. You don't know crap about tuning or why things happen the way they do.

So i can't ask Bob about my issue? This person is having the same i had...I said nothing about a Stock ECM here..(you need to read above again) i asked about the Extender chip i was running, an this person is...I don't know about fully tunning your correct, so i sent out for the work,that still didn't get me anywhere.

HelloBozos said:
So i can't ask Bob about my issue? This person is having the same i had...I said nothing about a Stock ECM here..(you need to read above again) i asked about the Extender chip i was running, an this person is...I don't know about fully tunning your correct, so i sent out for the work,that still didn't get me anywhere.

You never determined the problem you had. Everything you post is based on assumption and this thread wasnt started by you. Plenty of racers have gone well into the 9's at well over 100mph on a stock ECM.

You never determined the problem you had. Everything you post is based on assumption and this thread wasnt started by you. Plenty of racers have gone well into the 9's at well over 100mph on a stock ECM.

I'm on my thread now with Bob, I'm trying to determine what happened,but i keep getting banned,or just smart elic comments, i know it's after the point, but i still like to know, becuase the Car Hauled Arse to start off with.