new enigine

86PONTIAC

I got a 1986 Pontiac 6000 and it is a front wheel drive car. Ive heard about people putting 3.8 turbocharged v6's in cavaliers which are front wheel drive cars so i was wondering if it would be possible to put a GN engine in my car. Can somebody help me out here????: :confused::confused:

Agreed

I second that, if you could spend $8000 to make your beast yourself, or sell the Pontiac then spend the same $8000 and buy a TR, I'd say just get the TR. However, sometimes people with big dreams come up with big winners! There's an article this month in GM High Tech Performance about a Caddy CTS with 3.8 Buick Turbo motor in it, runs 11's. - BB

id love to get a TR or GN but id be paying alot for insurence and im really not making enuff money to buy one.
I really do think it would be cool to but a GN engine in my car cuz id love to see the look on a honda owners face after i blow his car outta the car with my 86 pontiac 6000 which come stock puttin out like 100hp hahahaha:D

I know i could probally get a GN engine in my car but i dont know if i could turn my car into a rear wheel drive or not.....Is this even possible..if so where can i take it to get it done:confused:

Lots of $$$$

I'm thinking your whole project will take 20K if you build the car into a RWD. Probably around 8K if you leave it FWD. - BB

I think you would be better off putting in a sc3800. After all it is fwd, and can make some serious power.:D

Well i dont have 20k to spend so i think id just leave it FWD even though id get better 1/4 mile times with RWD i just dont have the money.

Where can i find a sc8000

Easiest and cheapest place would be a junkyard. Finding a totalled Gtp, Regal GS with its drivetrain untouched. While rwd is better on the strip, fwd can still pull very respectable times. A handfull of guys will be running tens this year, and one possibly in the nines.

AWD 600

They did offer an all wheel drive 6000 STE for a couple of years, I'm currently using the rear suspension out of one of these cars for my own rear drive conversion on an 83 Shelby Charger. The differential on the assembly wasn't designed to handle much horsepower but an 8.8 ford differential out of a mid 90's thunderbird grafted into it will be able to handle whatever one of these engines can put out.