New engine pics...

turboculosis

Pleasant peasant
enginepic2.jpg

enginepic1.jpg

Details are in sig. Shouldn't be long now....;)

...what do the valve covers say???
Sorry for the crappy resolution my iphone makes, but the valve covers say: Jack Merkel performance engines.... He built the motor and did the heads.
Thanks for the compliment guys. I appreciate it! Wil post up more pics as progress continues.

Motor is in!!!!
1252019845.jpg

1252019795.jpg

1252019744.jpg

Lotsa work still ahead of us. Now where do these wires go again????.....j/k
Thanks to Jack Merkel and Eddie Jr's Repair shop for helping me out bigtime!!!!

Ready to fire up...

Some more progress. Would've been running if I didn't fry the new chip by putting it bassackwards.... Duh. Also waiting on my Champion fuel rails...but should br running before the weekend.:biggrin:
IMG]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn196/A_Ferrer/1253839001.jpg[/IMG]
1253839040.jpg

Jack Merkel via Steve Reynolds (SRE) back when he was still in business. Unfortunately I believe he gave up the business last I heard.

She's running...

After a 3 hour ordeal trying to figure out why on startup, she was puffin away with black smoke and wouldn't stay running. We found that the relucter ring on the BHJ balancer was off approx. 90*. We checked everything prior and all was good as far as chip,spark,cam sensor position,fuel, compression etc...Luckily I remembered someone posting up a thread on it and BAM!!! When we checked the relucter ring position compared to a stock one it was way off.After reading further into the thread it looks like all of these (buick v6) BHJ balancer rings are not set to stock position for the reason being that they are geared twds the guys with the aftermarket ECU's and can compensate for the ring clocking through their program.Or just poor quality control. Ahhh...what a relief the sound was when she fired up after the adjustment to the ring. and that smell of c16...Priceless. I can't say I didn't learn anything with this 2 year old project.:eek::eek:
Now we have some tuning to do. Thanks guys for the help!!! :cool: