New DR's, 6262, trans, 9.5" nlu, SLIC, ALKY= 12.293@111.05

Thanks, guys. The car felt great last night! You nailed it: 7.25 @ 93.8

I put the aluminum wheels on the front, removed the front swaybar too. Also got rid of the spare, so I may have been 100 or more pounds lighter total, even with a full tank.

The air was cooler and I had a little more boost than I anticipated with a new RJC manual boost controller, so I turned the Alky up from 6 to 7, and made a pass. It ran clean, so I tried to work on launching it the 2nd time up. That was the best of my 4 passes. It still shifted at 4900, but felt better this time out. I tried to manual shift from 2-3 on my last run, but I don't actually know where I shifted it (no log, oops). The car slowed down, so I may need a tach or shift light to help me get it right. I guess the next step is practice a consistent launch, and figure out how to get a little more RPM. The AFR is still at 10.8, but BLM went up to 150. I'll reset the base fuel in the chip and go from there. Any more suggestions?

TR's feel like they float on air when you get a nice pass in!!!
True.:cool:

Are you using the wide band control on the 6.1 ? If yes, 150 blm is high if you were on 7 alky. Compare your injector duty cycle to other runs. I find my blm vary from run to run and air intake temp will play into the variance. The IDC should remain consistent probably 65-75 %. If you see big spikes in IDC you may have a fuel problem to find. If you can post a PL file I will take a look.
30 psi is max for a 3 bar map sensor!

The stock heads are the restriction I see, don't know if 1.6 rockers will give you much improvement until you do some port work.

WB correction is on in all gears, WOT. The blm is a little higher than my previous run, as is the injector duty cycle (close to 75% now, no spiking). Looks like the WB correction is learning to add about 20% more fuel. I am going to reset the base WOT fuel (parameter 4 on PL) to this value and see if the blm comes down.

I turned the alky up for a margin of safety because I saw a tiny bit of KR in a 3rd gear pull on my way to the track. I also noticed the boost was up a few pounds from the last time I drove it due to the cooler air. The KR went away after I turned it up, so I left it alone for my 4 passes.

The heads have never been off before. Someday it'll happen.

The site won't let me attached the log file right now. I'll try again later.

Best 1/8 mile run: 6.795 @ 101.31 with 1.52 60'.
That's gettin' down!

You have a lot more in that combo. See my signature.

That is a good pass! My best mph (7.11 @ 102.3) is very similar but had an exhaust leak that caused the car to 60' poorly. Do you use a transbrake or launch off the 2 step?

Got a shift light installed in the car, and next time I'll try manually shifting 2-3 @ 5300. Also decided to shed some more weight using fiberglass bumpers, and hood, aluminum bumper supports, radiator, and pulleys. Next pass will also include the addition of an RJC Power Plate.

I see why your BLM is higher 150, the boost is maxed at 32 + !!! that is as high as the 3 bar map can read I believe. (check it out)
Set your fuel block (128) BLM to 145-150 and the BLM reading should be in the 128 +- 5% range. (with similar track conditions)

Everything looks good, getting a higher shift point you will see the converter RPM drop kick in and give you a little more.

The chip is throwing all the fuel at it it can and it still hasn't reached target A/F (but it's close).

1) What Wideband and is the Chip burned for the wideband you have? WHen I look it assuming a PLX WB it's close to target A/F
2) You need to bump the base fuel up some in first/second gear at least.

I don't remember specifying what kind of WB for TT 6.1 chip. I am using a PLX though & it appears to be working fine. I adjusted the base fuel, but haven't run it yet.

Seems crazy to be adding fuel in 1 & 2, but we'll see what happens. I honestly thought I would be taking fuel away to help improve the short times at this point.

I look forward to getting it sorted out and dialed in, and I appreciate all the help & support offered along the way. Thanks.

The 6.1 chip only gives you the fuel (all gears) in block 4, currently set @ 128. That is the block to add fuel 145-150 by the log you posted. This will bring the WOT BLM on you log down to the desired 128 +_ 5% range. Blocks 1&2 let you set the desired AFR, 108=10.8 AFR a safe range you currently have set in both blocks. I would not change those when running 30-32 lbs boost.

Let me know if this makes sense to you? The 5.7 chips have different parameters than the 6.1.

I don't remember specifying what kind of WB for TT 6.1 chip. I am using a PLX though & it appears to be working fine. I adjusted the base fuel, but haven't run it yet.

Seems crazy to be adding fuel in 1 & 2, but we'll see what happens. I honestly thought I would be taking fuel away to help improve the short times at this point.

I look forward to getting it sorted out and dialed in, and I appreciate all the help & support offered along the way. Thanks.

You might post that log and the chip number on the turbo tweak forums for eric to review. I see the airfuel at 10.78 trying to high an 10.8 target and it can't get there. It's maxing out the BLM's trying to hit that target.

The chip will not try to adjust after it is within 0.1 of the target AFR. The BLM adjustment can go to 157 before it is at max of 22.7% added fuel. I am sure Eric will agree it is running within its range. It is the 32 lbs boost adding the fuel, at 24 lbs the added fuel will drop to the 10 % add range 140-BLM.

Yes, the base fuel adjustment (cell 4) makes sense, as it applies to all gears @ WOT, and is currently needed at the top of 3rd gear to get the BLM back in check.;)

Definitely don't want to change the target AFR to 15.0:1 in 1st & 2nd gear. That would blow ...or suck ...probably both, one right after the other, just like that! :eek: LOL.

Looks like the chip limits you to a safer lean side of 12.5:1 AFR anyway in cells 1&2 . We can thank Eric for that one, but I'm sure somewhere along the line, somebody learned that lesson the hard (parts) way. :cool:

I wonder if the additional base fueling will allow more timing in 1st and 2nd gears now? I'm sure there's going to be a sweet spot somewhere between fuel and timing adjustments to really get the car out of the hole, but it'll probably take me a while to find it. Any insides in this department?:rolleyes:

I normally run the base timing that Eric set at 23/21 with 24-26 lbs on ported heads and intake. Alky set at 6-6.5, if I add 2 degrees in 1&2 I can pick up some but sometimes see 1 degree of knock. If I add 2 in 3rd I see 1 degree most of the time at 4800 rpm.

More alky will help, reduce the knock. I just backed down the timing because the track rules of 11.5/7.25

The settings from TT and Alky control have been right on for a safe 24 +lbs boost setup for mid 11s.

My first TT chip was way to rich so I sent Eric a log file and he corrected the fuel curve. Your chip is very close to mine in your log file.

Sounds like your car is running good, congrats. Can you please tell me your combo? What's done to the engine, trans, what size turbo, what exhaust you are running. I haven't had the chance to take mine to the track yet, hope to soon though. I would be happy to be where you are. Thanks brother & Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app