New Cotton Motor is all done and back in car.

So what did it cost you to have Cotton's build your motor? I talked with Jack about 2 years ago and was going to have my car shipped up to him to have my engine rebuilt. I talked with Jack several times about a transport to his place...........after a couple of calls he never got back with me about a transport (pricing). I felt that if I was willing to send my baby up to him then he could atleast take the time to call me back.....he never did. I know he is a busy man and a Guru...............but how could I trust my GN being sent up there and maybe being kept in the dark about its progress......He was probably very busy and all, but I would like for a vendor to do what he said he was going to do and give me the info on the transport...............just my experience here. I have bought parts off of Jack and had no problems what so ever...........I wound up building my engine myself and am happy with it.....probably saved a few thousand in transportation fees to boot. Not trying to slam Jack...........just telling what actually happened with me. :redface:

My choice to send my car up to cotton wasn't an easy one to make. I have a friend who told me about him and after meeting him in NC @ Richards I was sold. Jack is hard to get on the phone from time to time but I was informed about what was going on with my car. He did things to my car I didn't ask for and I'm so glad he did. Its the little things. I had a ALU vac block w/ factory lines.. Ugly .. Look at it now. Small vac lines that are hard to see because they are so small. I didn't ask for that but I love it. All my smog stuff is gone and in its place a BIG cold air kit THAT FITS... Then you start the car and drive it down the road... OH MY GOD... Jack is the man.. He had my car longer than I thought he would but he did way more than i asked him to. I would do it again..

Thank you all for the responce to my post. I ,as we all have, put alot of time and money in to this car. The fact that you guys, the ones that know these cars so well are saying this stuff about my car is wonderful. Thanks again..

On the flip side: Insurence. Haggerty or what ever it is gave me a quote.
. unlimited miles
. 100000, 300000,100000 full coverage
. Stated value
. $1136.00 a year, Paid in full at inception of pollicy
. $45000.00 pollicy

What do you guys think

So what did it cost you to have Cotton's build your motor? I talked with Jack about 2 years ago and was going to have my car shipped up to him to have my engine rebuilt. I talked with Jack several times about a transport to his place...........after a couple of calls he never got back with me about a transport (pricing). I felt that if I was willing to send my baby up to him then he could atleast take the time to call me back.....he never did. I know he is a busy man and a Guru...............but how could I trust my GN being sent up there and maybe being kept in the dark about its progress......He was probably very busy and all, but I would like for a vendor to do what he said he was going to do and give me the info on the transport...............just my experience here. I have bought parts off of Jack and had no problems what so ever...........I wound up building my engine myself and am happy with it.....probably saved a few thousand in transportation fees to boot. Not trying to slam Jack...........just telling what actually happened with me. :redface:

You aren't slamming Jack, just pointing out he's human and makes mistakes, sometimes bad business decisions as well. I see it as he did you a favor because you learned a lot, saved some $$ and it forced you to get it done yourself with good results also.... :cool:

"DiverDavies", I saw your car at Jack's shop and it really is a beautiful car...flawless paint, straight body, etc...:wink:...and even better now with the new stroker motor! You're right about Jack when you said he did everythnig he said he'd do...The same holds for me. He has only one word and he keeps it! Jack is "THE MAN" ! :biggrin: Here's a picture I took while at Jack's house...
Enjoy your car!

Claude. :smile: