New Coil Spring Replacement

HyperV6

I purchased some new Moog replacement coil springs for the rear end. Does it matter which end is up with the stock replacements. They look just about the same on both ends? Am I missing something on which end it up?

Thanks for some advice.

Craig

I purchased some new Moog replacement coil springs for the rear end. Does it matter which end is up with the stock replacements. They look just about the same on both ends? Am I missing something on which end it up?

Thanks for some advice.

Craig
I think the end with the white 'dot' is the top if I remember correctly. I put in new Moog springs front and rear a few months back. Don't forget the spring insulators. Taping them on makes the install easier.

The rear replacement Moog springs I bought had no white dots / stickers / or anything to identify as up. I guess I can try calling Moog if necessary.

Thanks, Craig

If there is a part number printed on the side of the spring, you should be able to read it when installed.
If it is a variable rate spring, the tighter coils are on the top.
If neither is the case, and both ends of the spring are the same, it doesn't matter.

hello; Did you install your springs yet? I was wondering if you went with the insulators as I've heard people take them out. I'm going for different springs soon and I don't know what I want to do with the insulators.
IBBY

Won't the rear springs squeak over bumps if there is no insulator? When I did my swap, one of my springs didn't have one and I found out that was the noise i kept hearing when I went over a bump. It was the metal against metal squeak. To be fair, one of the previous owners cut the spring down a bit on the passenger side for better launching, so the shorter height also contributed to the noise.

I bought new Moog rear springs p/n: 5379 and AC Delco isolators ( I don't remember the p/n). The isolators were only $3 or $4 each and made in the USA like the springs.

Craig