New Challenger R/T......mmmmm....lunch???

turbonut85

Rarely used member
Got my first kill in the 87 T. :biggrin:
I was cruising back home from the parents house on Sat afternoon, and as I droned down a 4 lane surface street, I come up to a red light. As I sit there, I hear someone reving their V8, behind me, but I can't see em. The light turn green and I proceed on my way, looking in the rearview....then I spot him...new charcoal black Challenger R/T. He wasn't looking to race me, per say, so I made the first move. ;) I let him pass in traffic, (30mph) as he goes by with both his windows down, I gently give the 6 a rev....he looked at me and almost scoffed...now I'm hungry. We continue droning through traffic, all the while I stay with him, giving him a wry smile every time he looks over at me. He even rolled his eyes as he looked over the Buick.
So FINALLY the traffic clears and it's GO time. I pull beside him, and goose it a little, he does the same. I gave him a nod, and he punches it. Now I have to admit, the Hemi sounded good, and pulled pretty hard...BUT, when the turbo spooled up, and I FINALLY stopped burning the rear tires, :mad: I ran him down like a greyhound chasing a turtle. We came up to another light, and I had to brake kinda hard to stop. I wanted to say thanks for the snack...but he didn't wanna talk, not sure why.:confused: He turned as he approached the light and I watched him drive away. Damn, that was fun. Can't wait for the next one!:biggrin:

As I passed him, I glanced at the boost gauge reading 24 psi, and the scanmaster reading .791 with 0 knock...(gotta love that E-85!) :biggrin:

Good kill! (the influence of that meanchicken guy, huh? :wink:) The R/T owner will for sure be dropping some coin now for engine performance upgrades. :eek:

It's amazing how some car owners laugh at our little 6, or completely know what these cars are capable of and leave them alone. Good Kill, enjoy the snack :)

Nice kill:biggrin:

If those Challengers would loose about 4 or 500 lbs they might give us a run.

Nice kill!
Friday night my neighbor and I went out mushroom picking. We were in no hurry so 50mph heading down the back roads and a new R/T is up our rear. First chance at a pass he takes it. Pedal to the metal and that v8 did sound mean even with our windows up. He went around us pretty quick and I noticed dealer plates on the rear. I only wished I would have driven. I would have loved to have shut him down.

killed charger

last week-end I had my 87 GN in a car show here in NC..well when heading home on the highway a guy with a new blk charger decides to get beside me and hit the gas and brake..did that a couple times..finally I looked at him and he said lets see what you got..so we slowed down to about 40mph ( no traffic at that point) and we went for it....I manualy put the GN in 3rd or second D and took off...he had no chance..finally I slowed down right before my exit and proceded to laugh and point as he drove by. :D it was great...soo the list continues to grow for cars eaten by my blackpearl.

Good kill, looks like you have the same turbo as I, but you have bigger injectors....wondering how well my car would stack up against a new Hemi Challenger.

Good kill, looks like you have the same turbo as I, but you have bigger injectors....wondering how well my car would stack up against a new Hemi Challenger.

I have the 60's so I can run 100% E-85.....= 24psi and 0.0 knock!! :biggrin:

Good kill. I had a little fun on the way home from the car show. I don't know if you noticed, but a blue 05+ Mustang GT merged onto the interstate behind you, your dad and I. He hung back a bit, probably a little intimidated by an influx of turbo power. When I exited the interstate, he followed me on the highway towards my house. He got up beside me and paced me just hanging a back a bit, halfway into my blind spot. That annoys the hell out of me, so I decided to drop the hammer since I actually haven't done it all spring. I heard him drop at a split second behind, but by the time he got into it the TE44 was already on full tilt boogie. The tires broke loose and the Mustang just saw a blur of maroon as I hit hyperspace. At the next light, we could have gone from a stop because it was just the two of us and clear sailing ahead, but he stopped a half car length behind, probably not wanting to see my smile. :) The light turned green and he waited for me to take off, which I did ... albeit at a nice leisurely pace.

It's good to be boosted. :)

I don't know if you saw it or not, but when that supercharged Nissan 350Z was leaving the show, he got into it and almost ran into a curb because that blacktop was a little slick. That would have been great.

Good kill. I had a little fun on the way home from the car show. I don't know if you noticed, but a blue 05+ Mustang GT merged onto the interstate behind you, your dad and I. He hung back a bit, probably a little intimidated by an influx of turbo power. When I exited the interstate, he followed me on the highway towards my house. He got up beside me and paced me just hanging a back a bit, halfway into my blind spot. That annoys the hell out of me, so I decided to drop the hammer since I actually haven't done it all spring. I heard him drop at a split second behind, but by the time he got into it the TE44 was already on full tilt boogie. The tires broke loose and the Mustang just saw a blur of maroon as I hit hyperspace. At the next light, we could have gone from a stop because it was just the two of us and clear sailing ahead, but he stopped a half car length behind, probably not wanting to see my smile. :) The light turned green and he waited for me to take off, which I did ... albeit at a nice leisurely pace.

It's good to be boosted. :)

I don't know if you saw it or not, but when that supercharged Nissan 350Z was leaving the show, he got into it and almost ran into a curb because that blacktop was a little slick. That would have been great.

I was actually hoping to have some fun with you on the way out...but having just met you, I wasn't sure you'd go for it...;) Woulda been nice to run someone that woulda given me a race...

Running around Des Moines this afternoon looking at homes and I came across a black one with a gray stripe. I made it very clear that I wanted to run him. We had the chance but he was not interested. :confused:

I was actually hoping to have some fun with you on the way out...but having just met you, I wasn't sure you'd go for it...;) Woulda been nice to run someone that woulda given me a race...

Haha. I knew better. You had 7 psi on me and I haven't dialed my car in for the summer just yet. I still have to do the hydroboost conversion and Razor's Alky kit. :) Keep me informed about shows you guys are going to. Unless I find some others, my next one will be Sturgis Falls June 27th in Cedar Falls. It's only a few miles from a great 1/4 mile strip.

Running around Des Moines this afternoon looking at homes and I came across a black one with a gray stripe. I made it very clear that I wanted to run him. We had the chance but he was not interested. :confused:

Coulda been the same guy.....guess if it was, he learned his lesson. :)