New CCW Rims

bob86gn

I got my new CCW LM5 rims last night! The brakes fit and the stance if pretty good. 275/35/18 in the back and 245/40/18 in the front.

02162013-003_zpsd2eef886.jpg

02162013-001_zps47b5eef5.jpg

02162013-002_zpsebc837e9.jpg

Thanks guys. Old rims and tires will probably go.
Pains me since they are new and have 40 miles on them.
They just don't fit the big brakes. GRRRRR.

hello and whats happenin; Car looks real nice. But tell me are those rims bolted togeather? I see a few out there with all those rivets, bolts or whatever they are around the rim?
I'm sure you know G-bodies is working on a 18" GNX style rim?
IBBY

They are bolted together with ARP bolts and nuts. Rim halves are sealed to make the seam airtight and bolted to the center section.
I do know that they are coming. These rims will probably go on my other GN which is in process of going two tone Heath Elmer style and the G-body rims will go on this car.
I already talked to Brian and they were far enough off that I had to pull the trigger on these or replace my big brake kit that didn't fit in my 16-inch rims.

hello; How about a little more insight on Health Elmer style two tone? I personolly like member twotoneNV style. I thought keeping the GNX style rim clean a pain but those bolts got to be up there in the pain in the -ss area.
IBBY

Where did you buy these? Their website?

I'm thinking about selling the my GTA rims too and the ones in my sig pic..

Thanks guys. Car has the Detroit Speed front and rear suspension. I replaced everything including all the steering linkages. I got the DSE from Scot at GNS on the board. It is the second time I have installed one and it went super smooth. I replaced the spindles with stock units and Baer brakes in the front which pushed the front track out a little. I called CCW and spent a half an hour on the phone with them. They definitely know TRs and have provided rims for them in the past. I may have wanted to go a little larger backspacing in the front to get them tucked a little more. Hopefully buttoning it up this week and off for alignment in a week or two.

Question : Are those true 18's or 16" centers with more lip? The pics are deceiving
Not sure how to answer that. I did not measure the center section but the rims are 18-inch. They fit my Baer brakes and actual 16-inch rims were not even close so the center needs to be bigger than 16-inch.
There is quite alot of room between the caliper and the rim so I think the actual center has to be at least 17 if not more.