New Car Coming Together!(long post)

Boosted89Notch

It aint a buick,but I hope to have 1 someday.Bought a 25.2 Foxbody from my driver,he bought the car new in 93,raced it from day 1,won true street with in nmra or ffw with it.He took it off the street somewhere around 6-8 thousand miles.

Turned it into a ladderbar car and ran it in the now defunct CCRA with some success.Decided to turn the wick up and had a 4 link put in it with a 25.2 cage.Heres where the problems began,he encountered some personal problems,and the car sat at the chassis shop for some years unfinished.

I've known this guy for some years,he drove my GT for me,No one rows a T5 like he does!He approached me with buying the car for a song,if he could drive it,I said no problem.That brings us to the present.I dropped the car off @ Bigwood to be fixed and finished.There were some issues with the design of the 4link,and there was quite a bit of surface rust on the cage.I removed quite a bit of the rust while I was home.

They've started with fixing the 4link problem and will be removing the body to remove the rust and put the chassis on the jig to square everything up.I'll let Jay decide when he wants to start posting pics of the progress.

There is Santuff on all 4 corners and a PA Kmember,headers will be custom Bigwood racing deals.Rearend is a custom Fabbed 9 inch with 40 spline,gundrilled axles.

Now for the power plant,it is a 435 inch Dart Aluminum block,Lunati billet crank,Oliver Billet rods,Diamond custom billet pistons,and a set of Robert Yates D3 heads.Power adder will be a turbo,I have a 106 now,but there possibly maybe a 114 in the car's future.

Engine mgnt will be Bigstuff 3 and boost is controlled by a AMS1000.The car should come in @ 2600 with glass doors and 2800 with the stock doors,I'll run it both ways depending where we are.Trans will be a glide.

Engine is being assembled as we speak.I truely hope to run some good numbers with the car,not really going to class race it but it will fit into several classes.

Here's a few pics of some of the parts:

Heads3.jpg

Heads1.jpg

ValveCovers.jpg

Pistons4.jpg

Pistons2.jpg

Pistons1.jpg