new camaro

87 Pete

ls1tech.com had pictures of a full-scale painted clay model of the new camaro up for about an hour yesterday before GM made them take the pictures down. Now they just have a discussion about why GM made them take them off:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419262

It looked pretty cool, it was a retro design like the late 60's camaro, the quarters and roofline were very similar, and it had a broad black area across the front grill where the headlights are tucked in. No word on the powerplant, but the computer model showed IRS.

Sorry, I did not save any of the pics... the consensus is that we will have to wait till January to see the concept car based off the clay model.

Pete

I saved .... I mean saw them this morning over at svtperformance.com

I guess gm forgot to tell the ford sites to take them down. :redface:

Missed them on svtperformance, can't find them anywhere else. Can someone help me out...

Chris S

231twannabe said:
If a moostang site still has them up, why not let you guys see them too. Here's the thread on svtperformance with the pics.

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238635

You notice on the chassis pics that it has ind. rear suspension & true dual exhaust

Pics must have been taken down... I'm just destined not to see the thing :(

Oh well, I won't want it anyways. My Regal's gonna hold my attention for years to come, hopefully :D

Thanks for the picture Mike, but IMHO it looks like someone put a Caddy front end on to a new Mustang tail end. And as someone stated earlier, my Buick will hold my interest for years to come.

its a mustang with a caddy front end. Being a GM supporter for years its very apparent that they are following the trends instead of setting them. :(

chevyII said:
its a mustang with a caddy front end. Being a GM supporter for years its very apparent that they are following the trends instead of setting them. :(

Man you guys are harsh...

I agree GM is late to the "retro party" but compared to 95% of GM's styling, I think it's a step in the right direction. Everybody pissed and moaned when the GTO wasn't a retro-design.

Don't forget, it's just a study for a NAIAS concept car... It's pretty far from production.

Lastly, I doubt GM is trying to market this to old guy Buick drivers :tongue:

Pete

I like the design, but I do think the front needs to be toned down a bit. The retro mustang looks very much like the original whereas this camaro has a bit of a retro flavor with a 21st century flair to it.

Guys please read this post before making a judgement http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414197 Fbodfather is Scott Settlemeire (I think I spelled that right) and he's head of the F-body division at GM. He's taking constructive criticism on camaroz28.com and will be considering it for the final production model. As he says in his post that the car pictured is only a concept and changes have already been made since then. I have faith in Scott and I believe it'll be a badass looking car come January in Detroit (which I'll be there for hopefully)

I don't mean any disrespect to any automotive engineers, because IMHO they have a great job and have to use quite a bit of imagination to create the cars for todays consumers. But GM for too long has been stuck in front wheel drive mode. Their cars all look the same and have no originality. The last F body vehicle looked like a stretched Geo Metro. Following the money, Daimler Chrysler's stock is trending up in an automotive cyclical trend. But what has happened to GM? They're trending down in cyclical trend when the stock should be trending up. I really hope GM comes up with a great looking Fbody and starts tayloring vehicles for the wants of the performance enthusiast. Because if this is just a knee-jerk reaction, GM will continue to lose market share to Daimler, Ford and Toyota, until there is nothing left. Being greedy, I want my GM share values to rise and I expect GM to make the decisions that will make that happen.

I found a pic of the 09 Camaro online that I thought looked pretty cool, but I guess its not the real deal.

Whats the big stink with LS1Tech taking down pictures if the guy from GM is actually fielding email responses on the other website?

Attachments

• 2009 Camaro shot.jpg
    2009 Camaro shot.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 283
The taillights make looking at the back of the car almost painful.

Different tailights, a slightly more rounded grill opening, and using the chin shown on the driver's side would make it almost perfect.

Maybe use rectangular exhaust tips instead of the round ones, but those taillights are so distracting it's hard to tell.

Offer a 450HP Z/28 version and I don't see anything for anybody to whine about.

I like the front of that picture better, but I actually like the hard lines of the rear quarters on the concept pictures from GM