New Camaro SS learn to respect the Elders!

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
My best friend Craig and I took the Buick out to the local car show last night. I had the Gn at 18psi the Alkycontrol system was set ,but with a low tank under the hood. (reminder to myself to get more meth)
Had a great time catching up and looking at all the local hotrods, after a couple of hours it was time to go.
We roll out of the car show and a new black Camaro with black wheels and a very aggresive exhaust note.
I tell Craig "We can't do this here but if he follows us there is a great spot up the road." Camaro guy is rolling up next to us and then passing to lead so I know he wants to play!
After listening to this car for a few miniutes I tell Craig that we may have our hands full. All I can think is we are at low boost, with limited Alky, on street tires.
We get to the light to turn right onto the "tuning road".
We are behind a truck with the Camaro behind and all I can think is "We have a fish on the line but it may be a killer whale."
Light goes green, truck in the right lane, us in the center and Camaro swings wide to the left. As soon as the Camaro swings into his lane he goes WFO.
I roll into the Gn so as not to just blow the tires off.
The Camaro has about 10mph roll on us. The exact instant the Camaro door hinge lined up with the nose on the Gn the boost gauge swung past 5psi. We matched speed for the next instant but the boost gauge kept on swinging up to 18psi.... The Camaro for all its aggresive sound just had to watch as we put two car lengts on him to about 75 mph.
Craig says "This is GREAT!!! It feels like I'm on my couch watching NHRA today in real life! This thing is fast and comfortable."
We slow to 40 mph and the Camaro pulls back up.
Round 2
We are both at 40 mph and I know the Camaro guy is thinking "You got me from down low but I'm gonna kill you from a roll."
We both hit it at the same time. Camaro jumps about 2 feet as the the Gn spools up. The result is the same as before as we walk away with the whistle of death howling away under the hood of my old, slow, unrefined car from the 80's that cant possibly be faster than a new Camaro....

The Camaro owner did pull up and give us a thumbs up just before he turned off. I have gotten used to the feel of the Gn @ 22-24lbs so I was telling Craig that it was slow with the 18lb tune but I guess it was enough for one black Camaro SS. Jon Hanson, Happy Gn owner:biggrin:

Thanks! I was really not expecting to take him. I am just used to 22-24lbs so 18 feel ssssslllllllooooooowwwwww.....:p

Nice kill. The new camero's make decent power but keep in mind they are pig heavy, so even on 18 psi, looking at your combo, your car should trap 112-115, which will be enough to pull a stock one..

nice...yeah...bring alky at all times. I always have the oppurtunity for the run when the fuel light is on for the alky. lol

I shouldn't outa have done it cuz my tranny is about to die, but...I was out dusting off the GN and enjoying aa gentle drive when a 2010 SS Camaro snuck up on me. He passed me, got in fornt of me...and then floored it as if to tell me what's what...

Oh Mr. ...you're gonna pay for that...:cool:

My tranny does fine while just cruising or from a dig in 1 and 2, but it slips a lot at the 2-3 shift at WOT; and I don't dare nail it from a roll until I fix it cuz 3 times now when I've done that, it's like it slips into Nuetral...RPM goes through the roof for about a second ...and then it hits 1st or 2nd HARD all at once like I'm nuetral dropping it. So until I fix it, I'm laying mighty low from a roll...
I'm on a waiting list for a new full billet non LU tranny from my builder right now...

Back to Mr. in his Silver 2010 SS Camaro...
Light up ahead is red and there is an open lane next to him with wide open unhindered straight away ahead...

I come in along side him and he and his woman are looking over smiling...let's wipe those silly grins off those faces...
Alky primed...floor mat pulled back...
Green light...
We take off...wasn't even close.
Even while my tires are still spinning, I'm watching him in my side view....nose falling and rising while he bangs them gears...and as I hook and go he's falling 1...2...3...4 lengths behind.
Just before the 2-3 shift I let off and tapped the brakes to singal an end to the killing...

He let off too and then just cruised back there a couple lengths behind me. He could see me looking at him in the mirrior and he was smiling and giving me a thumbs up...

Felt good to kill something after so many weeks off work...
Can't wait to get this transmission dealt with...

ss camaro

You did have a whale on the line a bulluka whale that is big and slow lol nice kill brother bythe way I prob spelled bulluka wrong

Chicken ya gotta get that trans fixed!!! I just havn't had a chance to get by the fuel shop to get the 5gal refilled with meth. I was amazed how long 5gal of meth will last! I should have her "reloaded" this week so I dont have to worry any more and can bring the boost back up to 22lbs where life is good.

Played with a ss last night. Kid driving could not believe it when I went by him.

New Camaro is way over rated IMO

Chicken ya gotta get that trans fixed!!! I just havn't had a chance to get by the fuel shop to get the 5gal refilled with meth. I was amazed how long 5gal of meth will last! I should have her "reloaded" this week so I dont have to worry any more and can bring the boost back up to 22lbs where life is good.

New transmission and converter are in....back in business....and 5 gal of methanol will last about one month....if you're doing you duty...;)

New Camaro is way over rated IMO

How is it over rated? :confused:

I have one and love the damn thing. Decent power, comfy, well built, handles well, looks cool and, most importantly, is fun to drive. The only downside is it gets crap for gas mileage, but I knew that going in.

Granted it's not the fastest car on the road but, then again, it never claimed to be.

Well i agree we have 2010 ss 6 sp. 427 hp. fun car. and be careful what ss you come up beside you may get one hell of a surprise my friend im a buick lover as well but i do like the chevys pontiacs i have street camaro bring it on over to muncie dragstrip and we will line them up just kidd n however i have a fast t type as well.just remember the best part of all if it wasnt for the great builders of our automotive world we wouldnt have these cool cars so god bless.american muscle cars.

I love reading this stuff but CHICKEN you kill me with the way you tell a story, I would like to meet you in person some day.Im sitting here laughing my a$$ off reading these.