New Cam Sensor

Randy Greenoe

Brand new Standard Motor Products cam sensor part #pc16 and also has the A C Delco part #25516915 on them,$100 each plus shipping.

Originally posted by fastgn
$50-60 at your local parts store. pc16
Last I checked it was $137.00 and on backorder. Must have sounded like a fair deal to someone they both are sold!!

not any more.. the boys cleaned them out. I ordered a PC16 and got a cam sensor cap only. I called parts america to see why they sent me just the cap and they said they got a huge rush over the last few months and cleaned out inventory and will not be making or stocking this item anymore. I guess that's why so many of them are popping up on eBay and getting 200 bucks!! :eek:

Today I called around because I didn't want to screw anybody over and the best price I could find was Advance Autoparts $124.88 but NONE of their warehouses has them in stock! And they will not take an order for them.Thanks for TRYING to make me look like a thief!

yes.. all the parts places like Auto Zone, Advanced Auto parts all get their stuff from Parts America. Parts America said they will be no longer stocking this item so yea.... what's out there is out there and that seems to be it. :eek:

Originally posted by Boston Boy
Randy...how many do you have?
I have a few left. I just thought that I would post them on here because I knew they are getting hard to come by and if somebody needed it to get their car going I would sell them. But after this crap I may just rat hole them and sell them when they are extinct and trade them for a GNX.;)

You honestly could. Those parts are a money maker, especially if you got in on the "good" deal when it was around...I did ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------
You really need to do a search on this subject before posting more about it.
I suspect that you realize your error and just don't want to come clean about it.
Use the search button next time.

Total Amount 45.00 If you have some time,
A really long thread on the other board shows all the info.
This is THE ENTIRE SENSOR not just the cap. You have to read a little, the site I got mine off of was discountautoparts.com Part # PC16 Total Amount 45.00 shipped to my door. Just orderd one 2 days ago, got it in 1 day.

Originally posted by security
This is THE ENTIRE SENSOR not just the cap. You have to read a little, the site I got mine off of was discountautoparts.com Part # PC16 Total Amount 45.00 shipped to my door. Just orderd one 2 days ago, got it in 1 day.

they still have these in stock????? Heard they were totally out of them? This is where I got mine originally. I guess I'll find out soon. Just ordered another if they have them

Originally posted by security
I just called them and he said they got some for a customer last week but they are on national backorder. He also said to call back next week and he may possibly be able to locate one.

Originally posted by Randy Greenoe
I just called them and he said they got some for a customer last week but they are on national backorder. He also said to call back next week and he may possibly be able to locate one.
Ditto, they (Joe) e-mailed me saying they are on backorder. Oh well, at least Randy still have a good deal on a couple considering what they go for anywhere else and on Ebay

FWIW & IMHO:
I am sure that it is just a coincidence but this is almost like discrimination. Both "fastgn" and "security" are both newcomers and have less than 20 posts. And "security" has aready has received his in 1 day, and at $ 45.00 shipped, yet. And anybody with more posts can't get any?

Wow wells, feeling a little insecure, or scared by us Mr. over a 1000posts strong? Why the **** would I be lying about something as simple as getting a part from a distributor?

HERE:

SENT ON: Date: Apr 28, 2005 2:03 AM

Thank you for your order.
Please check the information below for accuracy. If there are changes to
be made reply to email with changes or call 1-732-780-4466 or
1-877-328-8672.

Order Number -504 2802 0134

Ship To Nick **
***usa

Bill To Nick **

Email Address **
Phone **
Fax Number
Part Subsitution DO NOT DONOT SUBSTITUTE
Ship Method GROUND

Credit Card Num ****-xxxx-xxxx-**** Exp: 1008 CVV ***

Total Amount 45.00

Parts Below are for a 1984 BUICK RIVIERA 3.8L Fuel Injected V6 Turbo
Vin:9
---------------------------------------------------------
1 PC16 45.00 0.00 STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS CAMSHAFT
POSITION SENSOR

Since they are in MANALAPAN, NEW JERSEY and I am in NEW YORK it only took one day for it to come to me. Quick service, and I got a new cap from caspers for tuning(brand new might want to check it out, they ship priority mail, very fast as well).

Believe me or not, not that I care, I still got the stuff, and you guys are just complaining about everything. Im sure a bunch of you will now order it and go sell em' on ebay. Have fun!

Attachments

• picture 451.jpg
    picture 451.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 197
FWIW & IMHO:
No, not really, but I did find it rather curious that you guys both had similiar information. I am sorry that you took it any other way. The availability of these was beat to death on both this board and the other one. I tried 3 auto stores about 3 weeks ago and none of them would even take an order. Pep Boys, AutoZone, and Kragens all refused to even place an order. All of their listings on their computer listed the pc16 as not in stock, at any of their suppliers, and some of the suppliers listed the info as no longer available. That is what found strange. Even kirban Performance could not get any for a while. No flame was intended.

gotya, I just find it hard that no one has them, I tried once at one place and got it at my door the next day, I guess im just a lucky one.

FWIW & IMHO:
Considering that the part lists through GM for about $ 416.95, and all of the performance houses that were selling them were getting about $ 220 for them as a pretty standard price, it is nothing short of a miracle that any can be bought at that price.
Real needle in a haystack find there. Can't say that I am jealous, but I am damn sure envious.

Not hard to believe there are none available. Once they were posted on the other board, all hell broke loose. Sh!t, I should have bought more than I did looking back at it. Regardless, not sure I should relate this, BUT, Joe from discount auto parts stated that Standard should be delivering to them next month. We'll see what happens but that's what I was told.

Fact of the matter is, it seems they will always be available, you just need to find that right time to get them.