New Buick owner from NJ

Superrmario

Hey guys..

So after 25 years, I finally got my Turbo Buick. Its an 87 T Astroroof Car. The car needs body work and paint, but it is tight and fun to drive. I believe the guy I purchased the car actually purchased it from someone here in April of 2013. I have seen the car here floating around between the previous owner and the owner before that.

Currently I also have a N/A 12 second 91 Foxbody with a ton of TFS nonsense and supporting mods all the way to the rear. Lots of fun.

My Wife gave me the go ahead to get the Buick, so here I am!! I also have a 2013 Focus ST as my daily.

Here is the Mod list for the car. 85% of the Upgrades are now documented.

TE60 turbo
3" downpipe with dump tube
60# injectors
TT Custom Chip
Alky injection with new pump (Pump failed, motor rebuilt)
LS MAF sensor with translator
New Walbro fuel pump and fuel pump sending kit
Hot wire kit for fuel pump
Adjustable fuel regulator
New F-body radiator and electric fan set up on a thermal switch
Front mount intercooler
Adjustable air bags
Pinion snubber
Boxed adjustable rear contol arms
Level 10 trans with 9" Vigilante convertor
Aluminum Kenny Bell valve covers
Line lock
Scanmaster
Boost, Volts, Oil pressure, Water temp, EGT gauges, monster tach

Attachments

• Buick7.JPG
    Buick7.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 165
  • Buick8.JPG
    Buick8.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 178
  • Buick5.jpg
    Buick5.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Buick6.jpg
    Buick6.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Buick4.jpg
    Buick4.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Buick3.jpg
    Buick3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Fox and ST.jpg
    Fox and ST.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 166
  • Foxst2_o.jpg
    Foxst2_o.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 166
Welcome, another nj guy!! Where in Nj are you? I'm Morris county. Nice car by the way.

congrats and welcome

if you check out the MAGNA turbo buick/TTA club
we have monthly meet ups and other events
https://www.facebook.com/groups/magnabuick/

, next meet feb 15th red robin trevose PA

Thanks as well as thanks for the info.

I will look into it, and follow up.

Question for you.. Do you guys only allow Buicks? My close cousin has a Syclone and probably wouldn't mind taking a ride to the different meets.

we dont discriminate at the meets
we mix with the sy/ty guys and have been welcomed at their meets ,

Thanks again guys. I do feel I am lucky for sure.

Pacecarta.. Thanks for the info!! Are there registration fees and things of the sort?

no fees, come out meet some fellow TR guys
being its winter i wouldnt expect to see too many bringing their cars out onto salty roads but if the weather is nice and salt is gone ill be there with a GN, if not ill be there in something more suited for winter

we rotate the meets between the 4 states we serve, DE/MD/PA/NJ
march is NJ meet and will be at vincetown diner , corner rt 206 and 38
for april we will be heading for kirbans open house (april 12th) and meet up at Kmart on street Rd in PA for a cruise in , last year we had a caravan of about 20 cars

speaking of open house , on March 1st some of us will attend the Cottons open house (barbecue) at his shop in Agawam MA

we are still working on a calander for this year and that will be posted at our website www.Magnabuick.com

Hey fellas..

Big thanks to all of the hospitality!

So if I show up with a rust spot and small dents, its that okay?

LOL

show condition isnt a requirement , nor is showing up in a buick , its just nice to see some buicks if the weather is nice
we do attend some shows as a club as we didat the last GM nationals in Carlisle PA
and we will have a car show as part of the East coast buick regional event at cecil county dragway in MD

show condition isnt a requirement , nor is showing up in a buick , its just nice to see some buicks if the weather is nice
we do attend some shows as a club as we didat the last GM nationals in Carlisle PA
and we will have a car show as part of the East coast buick regional event at cecil county dragway in MD

Great... My In-Laws live In Maryland.

Mario,
Very cool looking "T". Should be a total sleeper. Lots of good info and great people here. Come on in, grab yourself a beer and make yourself at home.:)

Welcome to the site and happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Thanks Spool.. Question for you.

My Both front and rear bumper fillers where replaced, but the rear ones have a gap between them right under the license plate. Is this normal?

Per your Sig pictures its not, but I wanted to confirm.