New Brakes

turbotgirl

My car is going to need new brakes before inspection. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on which ones to get and also where to get them from. Any help will be great. Thank you

get the soft compound/organic kind,they stop good and you can hold a little more boost at the line if you race.try autozone,they have a brand name Albany brake shoes,thats where i got mine and there fine.

turbocody,
87 T

ohhh,sorry,that's what i got for the rear drums,i'm not sure on the best front brake shoes to be honest with you.but the rear ones that i described are pretty good.

turbocody,
87 T

Bendix titanium for the front, no break-in period required, $100 though.

JMO;)

There are a ton of options, chosing one is like anything else, what do you want to do? To be honest, the best all around, redily available pads I have found are the Performance Friction pads at Autozone. Usually around $45 to $50. Love them on the street. Always had good performance out of them, even hot. They seem to disapate heat very well. Thet also seem to dust very little. I have them all of the way around my TTA and my F350 (4 wheel disc). I had a set of the standard Autozone Albany pads up front on the F350 for about a month as they were out of the PF's. I could not stand the dust out of them, so I swapped them when I had the chance.

Just my experience, your milage may vary.

Brent

drilled and slotted rotors from napa along with their ceramix brake pads = no fade and nose to dashboard stops :)

get 2 cheap sets of rear brake shoes and use both big shoes to hold higher boost levels at the track-

thats what i do, and it stops on a dime :)

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
drilled and slotted rotors from napa along with their ceramix brake pads = no fade and nose to dashboard stops :)

get 2 cheap sets of rear brake shoes and use both big shoes to hold higher boost levels at the track-

thats what i do, and it stops on a dime :)

Napa sells a drilled and slotted rotor? No kidding?

Brent

yes yes they do..

i put a set on my 87 sage green car and a set on my dads 87 WE4

with those ceramix pads, its night and day difference!