New Best at Cecil County

bob86gn

Great day at Cecil today. Weather was excellent. Ran a new best of 11.25 on drag radials. Here is the run:

60' 1.637
1/8 7.159 @96.69 mph
1/4 11.257@118.83 mph

Banning was knocking on the 10s early in the day. Never heard a final time but I am sure he made a 10.90 before it was over.

Where's Brick?

That's awesome, congrats! Couldn't have asked for a better day and the best in the four years I have attended. Finally got a chance to meet Paul Ferry who attended! I know Banning got a couple of 11.06 runs and made it at least two rounds.

Brick,

New one for ya! Derek Leach with a T weighing in at 3200 lbs. with driver went 10.10@130 on 36 PSI:D You asked if a TSO car could do 9's on a 66? I think so. I don't know the rules for the class but this car was stock 109 block, iron heads, TH-400 with brake, FAST, 72's, 9" Ford, FM, Studded heads with stock gaskets, no caps, no girdle, .040" hyperutectic pistons (competition for Banning:))!:eek:, T-66 4 bolt turbo. His last pass he stalled on the line and went a 10.26 on a 10.15 dial. He was running a PT-53 turbo earlier in the day at 29 PSI going 10.50's then swapped to the 66.

Jack Cotton,

Was great seeing you run! You really need to get the wheelies under control ;) I don't want to see you get hurt in the least but it looked like you was having some fun there!. Jack had some double wheelstand 9.0 passes. With the car on the ground it is easy 8's. Nice photo ops!

The Opel was amazing going 7.80's on some cool looking runs. The Twin TTA of Ted's made some nice passes this year in the mid 8's. Bob Armstrong made some 8 second runs.

Looked like the track hooked pretty well and everyone finished on a safe note without one broken Buick as far as I could tell.

I missed a couple.

I saw two LC-2 wagons. One went a 12.2 or 0 and the other one (white) ran good too. Someone shoe-horned a LC-2 motor in a 90's Firebird with small rear tires (looked like DR's) that went 10.80's. Someone also put and LC-2 in like a 66 GS but I didn't see what it ran. I am waiting for someone to do a dragster with one :cool:

just a note on the waggons

they are jimmy dunns both of them
the big oldsmobile (sp) waggon was runing street tires little 15 inchers at that plus they were white walls :D

im improved our best et (pump gas) on friday with a 12 91 @ 103 i think it was 103, then my dad ran it on saterday and he went 12 10 with race gas with a good solid 110 mph i ran it twice towards the end of the day and i went 12.11 on a 13 pound foot brake launch :D

good to see all of the buicks

oh yea 1 more thing the malibu ran like crap all day still havent found out why
if u email me with ur lin. plate i may be able to send u video of ur car im not garanette (sp) it though

Minor correction on the wagons. Jim owned the whiteMalibu, and had his wifes Olds, but I had the third. A black Regal waGoN. That ran 12.1's on little white walls.

Brian

P.S. There were a ton of nice cars there. Of course, this was a Buick event after all.

On Friday Jim (Dunn) ran his wife's TR Powered 91 Olds Custom Cruser Wagon (4700Lbs.) to a best of 12.90 @ 106.4 lifting,
he "could' have gone faster yet he was out of Fuel- Way low
o2 numbers in the high to mid 600 range!! Yet at just about 4700
pounds for the wagon thats Incredible!!!!

Brian

Originally posted by Intercooler
Someone shoe-horned a LC-2 motor in a 90's Firebird with small rear tires (looked like DR's) that went 10.80's.

That is the car Steve (kaminski) did for Ed. It also is the ssame one featured in gmhightech a while back... that car has been 10.20's before....awsome car