New Best 10.700 @125mph

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Got a new PB.

20140704_203341[1].jpg

Here is my 10.73 pass at 125mph
My 10.70 pass vid was left on too long and needs edited.

EMPTY WEIGHT:Never scaled
BLOCK: Girdled Weber Stroker bored .030 over
HEADS:Weber
CAM: Weber 214/214 .548 lift
TRANSMISSION:Jimmys
TORQUE CONVERTER: PTC 9.5 17 blade
DIFFERENTIAL: Strange Dana 60 3.54 detroit locker
INTERCOOLER: Front mount
THROTTLE BODY:68mm
RJC POWER PLATE: NO
INJECTORS:120#
THERMOSTAT:160
TURBOCHARGER:6768HPQ
VALVE SPRINGS:941 comps
MAF: No
DOWN PIPE:THDP
EXHAUST: Dynomax Bullet
FUEL PUMP:Fuelab 1300hp
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR:Fuelab electronic
FUEL PRESSURE:46psi
ALCHOHOL INJECTION: Yes
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE:K&N
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE: M/T ET street Bias 30x12.5x15
AIR BAG(s):Yes
SUSPENSION: 90/10 struts
SCAN TOOL:scanmaster 2.2 and Power Logger
FUEL: E85
CHIP: TurboTweak SD2
CHIP TIMING: 20 in 1,2 and 18 in 3rd
KNOCK RETARD: 1.1 on launch
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:780's
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:n/a
TRACK ELEVATION:900ft
TEMPERATURE:82 degrees
PEAK BOOST: 22-23
BOOST AT LAUNCH: 5psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE: 1k on motor 116k on body

Last edited:
Great job - glad to see it picking up. I think you have about another full second and 10+ mph there with some big boost :sneaky:

Where were your shifts?

Great job - glad to see it picking up. I think you have about another full second and 10+ mph there with some big boost :sneaky:

Where were your shifts?
Im trying to sort the shifting thing out now. If I can nail the tune on the big end and get a 1.4x 60ft. with some boost.... Heck ya!

So far, I picked up 3mph with 1-2 psi boost less from the last outing. I couldnt believe the mph gain. My initial thoughts were that it slowed me down because it couples so well, but that was on the street. Im talking with Dusty to sort out the shifting RPM's because its seems to be shifting a little early and bogging the motor a little. Im gonna play with it and see what it likes.
I stall at 2800 @ 0psi now vs 3000 @ 0psi

Wow!! That is what I have been trying to run....Need to figure out where I'm coming up short. I've been 125MPH several times as well as 1.5 60ft several times and always end up with bottom 11's....I can't seem to get both ends of the track down on the same pass....

Good job I know it has more in it!!

Wow!! That is what I have been trying to run....Need to figure out where I'm coming up short. I've been 125MPH several times as well as 1.5 60ft several times and always end up with bottom 11's....I can't seem to get both ends of the track down on the same pass....

Good job I know it has more in it!!
Thanks
I need to get my shift points nailed down because it was shifting in the 53-5400 rpm range. It normally shifts in the 5800 rpm range, but the converter couples so hard, I think I need to shift manually at a later time to get it right. I will play with it a little more in a few weeks.
I told Dusty that I wanted MPH...Period. He did just that.
I am excited to see 25-27psi and good sticky tires tho.

Thanks
I need to get my shift points nailed down because it was shifting in the 53-5400 rpm range. It normally shifts in the 5800 rpm range, but the converter couples so hard, I think I need to shift manually at a later time to get it right. I will play with it a little more in a few weeks.
I told Dusty that I wanted MPH...Period. He did just that.
I am excited to see 25-27psi and good sticky tires tho.

Mine did exactly the same thing, I believe the flash stall on my converter is around 5300 and that's where is wanting to shift by itself so I have to manually shift mine as well..

Mine did exactly the same thing, I believe the flash stall on my converter is around 5300 and that's where is wanting to shift by itself so I have to manually shift mine as well..
That's good to know. Did you end up getting an aftermarket shifter and shift light? I heard the quicksilver is a nice unit.

No, I use a stock shifter and I can actually shift it by ear and get it to around 5800 rpm because I've been doing it for awhile. Once you've been driving one for awhile you kind of get a feel for it I just do it from listening. I don't race my car alot

Im gonna program the chip to have the SES light assist me in shifting this thing. Gonna try 5500 and see what my reaction time is on the shifts.

Glad to hear things are going well.

The lower shift rpm comes from having an efficient converter. The output speed of the trans is higher for a given input rpm so the trans thinks it needs to shift. The trans can be re-calibrated to shift later if you prefer to leave it in drive or just do what you mentioned. I also had my SES light come on at 5500-5600 rpm to serve as a shift light and I shifted 2-3 manually.

Also when you turn the boost up, the shift rpm will increase a little. Your tune is conservative on E85. You have a lot of room to go. Your car has low 10's in it when you decide to get a little more aggressive. A 10# launch and 5# more boost down track will make a nice gain.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
In-car vid.
I was stoked for a few reasons and still am:
1. Low timing
2. Shifting wasnt in my power band
3. My 60ft is off by .1
4. I forgot about the extra 140lbs in the rear (sandbags while on the street)
5. only 5psi launch