New Best 1.48 60ft with Wheels Up!!!

Scott89TTA

New Best 60ft time....been doing consistent low 1.50 60ft times this year (1.52-1.55) with the new rear suspension, wheels and tires leaving of the trans brake @ 10-12 psi. with no tire spin whatsoever. Bumped it up 14-16psi. and WOW !!! busted 3 or 4 1.48 60ft times :biggrin: Installed the B&M shift detent plate on the stock shifter and fixed my shifting mishaps...now just need to find the perfect spot to lock the converter and do it consistently. Looks like 1/8 mile marker is probably the spot since I'm right around 97-98mph. So far best time this Fall was 11.30 @ 120mph 1.56 60ft locking the converter a little late...had a T&T pass at Cecil that was probably a all time best as by "seat of the pants" felt like the best pass ever in the car to date...everything was dead on...14-16 psi launch, no spin, converter locked at 1/8 mile marker...it was flying...pulled hard the whole pass...Powerlogger said 124mph through the traps...had to be a very low 11! Tower F#@ked up the tree and I go all "0's" on my ticket :mad:

Last pass at 75&80 on Oct 3th after 3-4 1.48 60ft times the rear said enough is enough and something finally let go...still went 11.49 @ 116 1.55 60ft letting out after hearing a crazy loud constant thumping sound in the rear. It still drives but is definitely broke...not sure what since I haven't pulled the cover yet but guessing either busted spider gears of missing ring gear teeth. No biggie...just time to install the Currie 9" sitting in the garage.

This pass the car went 11.30 @ 116 w/1.48 60ft...locked the converter too soon (good bit before the 1/8 mark) and it nosed over and bogged down some :mad:. Launch was 14-16 psi off the trans brake and boost was 26-27 psi with zero knock :biggrin: New rear suspension: TRZ Chrome Molly dbl adj lower control arms, UMI adj panhard bar, Strange dbl adj rear drag shocks, stock rear springs, 295/55-15 MT DR's on 15x 9" Welds...front dead stock struts and front sway bar is still on.

Attachments

• DSC_0106.jpg
    DSC_0106.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 679
Alright!!! You have not even put the champion head on yet have you? I can fix you up with some competition front and rear drag shocks. I'like the picture with the skinnies.

Michael

Alright!!! You have not even put the champion head on yet have you? I can fix you up with some competition front and rear drag shocks. I'like the picture with the skinnies.

Michael

Michael...nope, still stock heads & cam :biggrin: I have some VERY nice Strange double adjustable rear drag shocks on it now. They are coil overs but currently not using the coil overs yet still using the stock rear springs. What do you have for the fronts?...I may be interested, my stock original struts are shot.

Attachments

• DSC05627.jpg
    DSC05627.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 612
Scott

Awsome man, keep up the good work!!! I hope to get wheels up next summer! Just need a good combo, luck and someone to photo. I'm jealous.

I have the Competition Engineering front drag struts 90/10. Both Jegs and Summit carry them. I would put up a link but I am not computer friendly.

Michael

Finally pulled the cover off the rear to assess the carnage...3 1/2 teeth missing off the ring gear :biggrin: The rest looks pretty good considering. New Currie 9" sitting in the garage floor with my new UMI sub frame connectors should go in over the Winter and be ready for Spring :cool:

Attachments

• blown TTA ring gear.jpg
    blown TTA ring gear.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 405
WOW, that is some carnage! I am surprised that it didn't shear the rest off and cause major damage. It made it through the rest of the pass this way! Crazy stuff, glad it wasn't worse and glad you are safe!