New ArizonaGn Large Neck Intercooler

I know this is an old thread but if I bring my core to Bates will you have any there to swap Nick Micale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of condition are the ic's in Nick that your using for the upgrade? Are they cleaned out, leak tested, painted ready to go or?? I have a nice stock one to send in but wouldn't wanna get one back with core issues..not that u would just asking, thanks..

What kind of condition are the ic's in Nick that your using for the upgrade? Are they cleaned out, leak tested, painted ready to go or?? I have a nice stock one to send in but wouldn't wanna get one back with core issues..not that u would just asking, thanks..
I'm sure if you send in yours and want yours back he can do that

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yea he his, give him a call

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

All I see are stock IC's. I assume these would work well on SL stretched IC's as well, correct?

TONS of cheap stock location intercoolers out there available for swap outs; please don't ruin your already semi rare factory intercoolers for a 1/10 gain on a track you'll see twice a year. The entire intercooler is such a gigantic restriction in terms of performance that they're worth more in history than a tenth on the strip. Super cool idea though & I applaud your innovation.

TONS of cheap stock location intercoolers out there available for swap outs; please don't ruin your already semi rare factory intercoolers for a 1/10 gain on a track you'll see twice a year. The entire intercooler is such a gigantic restriction in terms of performance that they're worth more in history than a tenth on the strip. Super cool idea though & I applaud your innovation.

What's a good and cheap option for a stock location intercooler ? I just can't see spending a thousand dollars or so on one right now.

You can do an already converted "Duttnecked" intercooler from here for about 200 bucks, every once and a while an old used dequick or some other doubled up core intercooler comes up for sale for around 300, a used Precision slic for like 850-900 here, or this one from buickgn.com http://buickgn.com/Intercoolers.htm

They are out there though. In a few more years original parts for these cars are going to skyrocket, and you're going to regret cutting up an original. Think '70 Barracuda or 69 Camaro in 1979. They were 10 year old garbage people tossed around, sold for 2000 bucks, and drove in the snow. "They're old cars, they're everywhere." NOW look. And just for those who say "Our cars will NEVER have barracuda status."... That's EXACTLY what the 10 year old Barracuda people said when looking at the mint cars from the 40's when they were kids. There's just too many better alternatives to a duttneck or micale necked stock intercooler.

Nick, I'm about to spend some serious time at the foundry this winter working on my new plenum, valve covers, oil pan, finned trans pan, and 'factory' modded timing covers...

...if you want, I can look into casting your elbow for you. I'm no expert but it seems to be pretty easy and would save you all the cutting and welding to make the cast elbow work. Hell, I can even put ''Nick Neck' on the casting. :)