new amps

ledzeppac

I am in the market for new amps.

I have kicker 5 1/4componants, 12 year old 5x7 in the rear and a kicker 10 compvr sub.

I have had my eye on alpine amps... mono for the sub would run $130ish and a 4 channel $2-300. Also should I stay around 40 watts or go up to 65/70watts on the 4 channel?

Any other amp recomendations?

Thanks guys

I am in the market for new amps.

I have kicker 5 1/4componants, 12 year old 5x7 in the rear and a kicker 10 compvr sub.

I have had my eye on alpine amps... mono for the sub would run $130ish and a 4 channel $2-300. Also should I stay around 40 watts or go up to 65/70watts on the 4 channel?

Any other amp recomendations?

Thanks guys

I like Kenwood and Clarion. Alpine a bit over priced. With Kenwood you get power for your money.

I am a big fan of the Infinity Amps. I have their 7521a pushing Infinity 6x9's and am very impressed with the sound quality. It's a 2 channel rated at 97w RMS x2 or 283w RMS x 1. Especially for the price, I believe Crutchfield has it priced at $129.99 now. They also have a 4 channel Reference 7541a with 111w RMS x 4 priced at $199.99.
Just my DBs worth.

Patrick

Phil, i'd say go with what they recommend. I remember listening to Richard Clark's GN back in the day so they know what they're talking about.

How do you blow an amplifier???:confused:

Check ebay, they have all kindsa stuff. All my amps with the exception of 1 have come from good sellers on ebay. HTH

Seriously though, what happen to your amp?

How do you blow an amplifier???:confused:

Check ebay, they have all kindsa stuff. All my amps with the exception of 1 have come from good sellers on ebay. HTH

Seriously though, what happen to your amp?

I was driving along and the car stalled at a light... turned it back on and no amp. Checked underhood fuse and the whole fuse holder exploded but the fuse was fine. 30 amp. The ground terminal for the amp also cracked... Weird. Some say the power wire gauge wasnt enough other say the ground was bad. I havnt pulled it out to check yet. It was 8 gauge wiring. I'll try and get 4 or 6 this time... I would get some ebay stuff but I would like some type of warranty...

Phill...do you still need amps and subs and stuff like that? I have a few things if you would like.

your about a week too late... I just bought some alpine amps.

What kind of stuff are you getting rid of?

DD tomorrow?

No DD tomorrow, I am working... :( better yet I am on a 72 hour shift and today is day one...

I am getting rid of alpines, mtx, Rockford, and some others. I took the system out of my truck (when I had it) the buick and my civic (when I had that too) So I have all kinds of stuff just getting in the way.

No DD tomorrow, I am working... :( better yet I am on a 72 hour shift and today is day one...

I am getting rid of alpines, mtx, Rockford, and some others. I took the system out of my truck (when I had it) the buick and my civic (when I had that too) So I have all kinds of stuff just getting in the way.

shoot me a pm of what you have I might take something out of your way..