New Aluminum Radiator for Grand Nationals

Alumitech

Hi to all
Shane has welcomed me to the board as a new vendor .
after a number of request to build a rad for the Regal guys .. I finally came up with a product .. now The Regals have a new choice in the cooling solutions area .
there was a previous post from month ago .
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/185600-aluminum-radiator-gn.html

we can build to order .. engine oil cooler in the tank or not , if you dont want the trans cooler .. no problen .

these rads will fit a mirid of cars . the early models (hot air cars ) as some call them
we have both sizes of cores 26.25 wide for V-8 and V-6 T-type
and the 83-84 Smaller core 20.75 ... All our units are built by me with Quality American made cores and componants .. fully tig welded Show quality with press formed tanks ..oem styling .
keep in mind I can build the units in any config you like .

Some of the early cars that have the small core can support the larger unit .. the hold down plate would have to be changed to the V-8 style and a new upper hose would be required .
Hope i can help you guys out as i have with the Team Chevelle guys .
thanks for your support .

here is one of the units on e/bay now for viewing .
86-87 REGAL GRAND NATIONAL ALUMINUM RADIATOR 100% USA :eBay Motors (item 160359991271 end time Sep-12-09 12:40:21 PDT)

Don
Alumitech Reproductions,Chevelle radiator, Camaro Radiator,Harrison Radiator,GM Radiator's

Attachments

• z Grand national 01.jpg
    z Grand national 01.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,815
more pics ..sorry missed it on the first post .
the 45degree adaptor is if you have A/C this clears the A/c lines .
we oppted for a taller engin oil cooler 3 plate design for more efficiency .

Don

Attachments

• z Grand National 05.jpg
    z Grand National 05.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,761
  • z Grand National 06.jpg
    z Grand National 06.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,732
  • z Grand National 04.jpg
    z Grand National 04.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,732
Nice unit, i am sure a lot of people will be happy when purchased.. reminds me of the PTE extreme i just hope not as expensive..

Looks good & good price. Having the choice of no coolers or just one cooler is a bonus! Most guys have an aftermarket tranny cooler so the bigger oil cooler would actually be worth something compared to the stocker.

Mucho Nice!!!

Ooohhh Shinny!!! Me Like. :p Glad you're on the board.

Is your shop in the metropolis of downtown Pinckney?? :) I lived in Howell for a year and my wife's from Howell so I actually have been in Pinckney.

Do you have an option of AN fittings for the oil cooler?

the Chevelle guys have been in love with these radiators for a few years now, so i'm sure the GN version will be a hit, too.

Ooohhh Shinny!!! Me Like. :p Glad you're on the board.

Is your shop in the metropolis of downtown Pinckney?? :) I lived in Howell for a year and my wife's from Howell so I actually have been in Pinckney.

Do you have an option of AN fittings for the oil cooler?

I am closer to Hamburg .. been here since 1980

no i dont have the a-n stuff but eaton or areo quip or most auto supply places can get it .
Don

Welcome aboard Don. We may be doing business later since I'm still in the process of fixing what I have.
engin oil cooler for better efficiency
You might want to learn to speel beator though. LOL

Welcome aboard Don. We may be doing business later since I'm still in the process of fixing what I have.

thanks for the welcome.. yea i type 90 mistakes a min back space is my best friend .

thanks Don

Do we really have to wait for the auction to end to find out the price? Come on.... post a price.

Charlie if you want efficiency you should get a external earls oil cooler with -10an line. Not to hi-jack or put this rad down, but I dont like sending hot fluid (trans, or oil) in coolant that is 180+ degrees. Let me know if you want details :D. BTW great looking rad, and would be great for a stock replacement.

Charlie if you want efficiency you should get a external earls oil cooler with -10an line. Not to hi-jack or put this rad down, but I dont like sending hot fluid (trans, or oil) in coolant that is 180+ degrees. Let me know if you want details :D. BTW great looking rad, and would be great for a stock replacement.

I have my trannie lines going into the radiator for cooling and my temps never go above 170 even in traffic with 90* degress outside, so there is no problem in running it the stock way and having your trannie fluid get cooled by the radiator.

Its offten forgotten that the passenger side of the rad is 40 degrees cooler then what you see on your dash gauge .. unlike the f-body rads that have the engine oil cooler in the driver side tank .. I would call those a engine oil warmer .. lol

thanks for the complement .. im trying to imulate the stock rad as best as we can .. even though its a replacement rad ..the 2 row config of 1 inch tubes will give you a full half inch more fin to tube contact patch where the heat dump takes place ... I can see this will be very important for the guys in hot climates .... you will have to run no less then a 180 t/stat as a minium temp to burn off moisture on the oil pan ... yes the rad is that efficient .

Don