New addition to the South Western section... New car!

Squid4life

DSC02663.jpg
DSC02665.jpg
DSC02669.jpg
DSC02675.jpg
DSC02676.jpg
DSC02665.jpg
DSC02665.jpg
DSC02663.jpg
DSC02665.jpg
DSC02669.jpg
DSC02675.jpg
DSC02676.jpg
Well, I picked this up from a board member in Michigan, and she showed up on Christmas Eve. I have been collecting Stage stuff to put in my 85, but after putting a calculator to it figuring out how much $ I still needed for fuel system, engine management, safety equipment, a turbo, etc, etc I knew I was still a ways off. Also, my time is getting ready to be short again with a job change and I wanted to play on my off time with a car and my family. I feel a little like a sell out because I love building the car, never bought one done or semi-done, but I want to spend my time wisely. In the future I will probably build another car, maybe even another GN, but want something I can play with sooner. As much as it pains me, the 85 will probably be going away to make room. (to keep wifey happy) I know this car is a bit over the top, but I still plan to drive it to work and cruise in it, so will be completing the exhaust and maybe searching for a used gear vendor overdrive later. Anyhow, on to the pics:

Stage II headed, twin turbo!!! I finally have some competition at Barona! Great looking car. I love the roll cage. Looks like a 7 second car to me.

Damn Squid,

That is one serious looking ride. Congrats. Did it come with any time slips, or are you keeping that under your hat for now?

Congratulations, James, if I ever got into that thing, I am very doubtful that I could get out of it.

Oh yea!!!!

now thats a Serious buick!

looks good, the twin turbo setup just reeks HORSEPOWER!!!!!

tell us more!

Stage II headed, twin turbo!!! I finally have some competition at Barona! Great looking car. I love the roll cage. Looks like a 7 second car to me.

Yeah, I was thinking some day I could play alongside folks like you and Jeff. Some day. :)

Damn Squid,

That is one serious looking ride. Congrats. Did it come with any time slips, or are you keeping that under your hat for now?

I got some info and even some vids from Scott who I bought it from. His best was a 9.14 at ~148. It has 60'ed in the low teens. He was having traction issues on some of the passes due to some worn out shocks. It has double adjustable Afco's, of which he had rebuilt and was tuning it with Bob Bailey when he hurt the motor. The 9.14 pass was leaving off the brake at 10 psi, and maxing at 22-23 psi of boost. It is an E85 car, with stock ECM, cam sensor, Bailey chips. Bob was prototyping some of the COP/CNP setup on this but the motor gave up. It definitely had a lot left in it, Scott did a real nice job with it.

Congratulations, James, if I ever got into that thing, I am very doubtful that I could get out of it.

Yeah, it is a little awkward to say the least, reminds me of the jungle gyms as a kid. :) The removable steering wheel helps, but I better not gain any weight!

now thats a Serious buick!

looks good, the twin turbo setup just reeks HORSEPOWER!!!!!

tell us more!

Thanks guys, I am really stoked about it. Like I said, motor is hurt, but I have a lot of the stuff to finish my block, sell some unneeded stuff, and get a motor in it. It is an on center, 3.625 stroke, turbo 400, fab 9". Runs twin TE-63's, MAFT Pro, MSD boost controller (via CO2), Powerlogger, Scanmaster, etc. Car is set up really nicely, can't wait to get it together!!!

I think I'd be losing the stock PCM. That sucker is screaming to be managed.

Really cool car man! Let me know if you need any help turning wrenches on it. We all know, there nothing like a pizza party, drinking a couple of beer and working on a bada$$ Turbo Buick.:smile:

Going to Qualcom on Friday? I know your other Buick will still be hurting some feelings there:D

Ray

Very nice ride. It looks like a low 8 sec. car. It would be nice to have Cal take a look at it when he comes out at the end of the month.
Jeff

I think I'd be losing the stock PCM. That sucker is screaming to be managed.

Yeah, I am thinking the same thing. I know the previous owner was pushing to be one of few cars with stock ECM/chips in the 8's, as well as one of the few E85 cars on the board that quick too. He was only a few PSI off that mark from the looks of it. I would like to dip into the 8's with the ECM/chip combo. I would also like to pick up one of Bob Baileys COP/CNP boxes which will allow use of LS coils. It'll still be usable when/if I pick up XFI or BS3, but that may be down the road a little bit.

Congrats Squid! Thats gonna be a bad ass street car!

Thanks brother, hope to get it out there pounding the streets by summer if possible!

Really cool car man! Let me know if you need any help turning wrenches on it. We all know, there nothing like a pizza party, drinking a couple of beer and working on a bada$$ Turbo Buick.:smile:

Going to Qualcom on Friday? I know your other Buick will still be hurting some feelings there:D

Ray

Thanks Ray, may take you up on that offer once I get rolling on it. I will probably be going to QC, but not racing. I have the crappy (quiet cat + 2 mufflers) exhaust on it right now so I wouldn't tick off the neighbors driving it in the morning, and it really corks her up...

I'm drooling! Congratulations & keep the shiny side up.

Thanks Lou, appreciate that!

WOW,

now i know why you were selling our ATR stage headers on ebay, car looks killer.

Yep, had to put that $ towards this! :)

congrats..awesome looking car

Thank you!

WOW.........all I can say is...wow.:cool:

Thanks Guy!

congrats nice looking ride...

Thanks Mike! I hope I can get it to leave like your old Buick did in your avatar!

Very nice ride. It looks like a low 8 sec. car. It would be nice to have Cal take a look at it when he comes out at the end of the month.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Man, I wish it was running I would for sure have Cal take a peek at it. It will be a few months to get the motor out, build mine, and get it all back together. I want to make sure I do it right my first time. The motor is hurt from a broken 6.5" Carrillo, so I don't want to cheap out and end up doing the same thing. I will be picking up some Crower rods, etc.

Thanks again guy! Really appreciate all the kind words.

Very nice.

Keep us up to date on the progress. Any links to video of the car launching and going down the track? Outstanding short times.

Congrats.

Mike Barnard

Keep us up to date on the progress. Any links to video of the car launching and going down the track? Outstanding short times.

Congrats.

Mike Barnard

Thanks Mike. Let me see if this one works:

Run 3 9 1 11 - YouTube

I think this was the 9.14 @ 148. You can tell the ignition wasn't keeping up, it sputtered at the top of gear. The stock coilpack was a limiting factor so he had to shift early.

Congrats again James! Let me know if I can lend a hand. I've got some spare parts too if you need them.

Neal