New 295/55/15 MT drag radials

TR87386

Anyone running these with airbags and rolled lips on 10" rim with 4"BS? I currently run a BFG 295/50/15's with out rubbing issues. Thanks

I am but on my TTA...9" wheel 5.5" backspace...they fit the 9" wheel perfect.

M/T ET Street DR's 295/5-5R15

Diameter - 27.9"
Section width - 12.0" on a 9.5" rim (11.5" on a 9" rim)
Tread width - 10.8
Approved rims - 8-10.5

from M/T rep on Yellobullet.com : The P295/55R15 is a replacement for our 28.0/10.5-15 ET Drag and the 28X12.50-15LT ET Street. Race tires are designated by tread width, street tires use section width.

Thanks Scott, I did a search before I posted and saw yours. I don't think it will work on my set up due to the height/diameter but was curious if there was someone out there that has tried it already on a g-body.

What is the rollout of the tire, how many inches?

I learned that 82" was perfect and allowed my street cars to turn their fastest times, both hot air and intercooled. Back then the BFG Radial T/A in 215-65-15 and 235-60-15 and the little MT 8.5" slick were right on the money. The Hoosier Quick Times in 275-50-15 made the cars "feel" better at launch but they all suffered in 60-foot, 1/4 mile ET and MPH with their 77" rollout. The 10" MT slick was more than 84" and my cars ran faster with the radials when run in street trim.

This was on factory rims and times have changed in the nearly 16 years since my days so my information may be dated as regards to the tires. Also, the cars were set up for daily driving, 12.0s for the intercooled cars and low 13s for the hot air cars. Cars with over 450 RWHP probably react differently as their converters would almost certainly be different than stock.

Not sure of the roll out but the web site lists the tire at 27.9 inches tall. This is a little taller than what I wanted. From what I read I guess for a slower car 13's down to about 12.00 a shorter tire (26") works best for 1/4 mile ET/MPH. Faster than that the 28" is the way to go. My current set up is not in the 11's yet but the goal is a solid mid to low 11 sec car with pump gas and alky. The converter in the car now will be upgraded soon as well so stall speed is not an issue. The main issue I have is the rim package I have. Should just have an 8" wide rim on the car but already have the 10" wide rims and do not want to buy more rims. Might just have to suck it up and get the 8" rim and be done with it. :rolleyes:

I had a buddy who had all the big mods on his GN back in teh day and he ran 255-50-15 BFG Radial T/As to soften the bottom end and allow the car to launch. It would short time about the same as my intercooled car (1.7s on BFG 23506015s) but the extra 100horses would quickly pull his GN ahead of mine by the 1/8th mile.

I've seen 3.73 gears slow the cars down but always wonderd what a 3.55 gear would do with stock or slightly taller tire.

I'd trade off or sell the 10" rims for the 8" IMO. No need for that much width for as fast as your planning to go even on radials IMO.