Neutral AND Third gear switch not coming on

84ttype

I've been too focused on chasing a KR problem lately and I just noticed the other day that my park/neutral switch and my third gear switch dont turn on in my powerlogs, (dont get checked, ECM isn't getting the signals)The car still shifts fine but the torque converter doesnt lock in third.. because the switch isnt coming on I'm guessing?? I've been researching but I'm kinda confused by the language, people have said that the switch will stay on all the time if its bad, Does this mean that it will be checked in the powerlogger constantly sending the or does it mean on as in it wont. I want to make sure I should be looking at the switches before I drop the pan.

Also is the Park\Neutral switch behind the filter with 3rd and 4th or is it located somewhere else??

The P/N switch is at the base of the steering column. The 3rd gear switch is screwed into the valvebody in the trans.

extender chips don't lock in 3rd for driveability reasons.

Bob

thanks I'll check it out.

Bob! what have you been up to? Its Dan, the guy who sent you the MAFT PRO last month. Did you figure out what was going on with it by chance?

I thought I answered your email.

Unit is fine, its been in my car since you sent it in.

You had ground issues I believe.

Bob

Never got a response from you I was just hoping everything was OK over there. So do you think running the MAFT without the jumper set would mess up the MAF by chance? If I run it in Translator mode it still runs like crap, no spikes though... Oh and so you want your MAFT back or should we call it an even trade? ;)

Look at me.. hi-jacking my own thread LOL!