Needed some help with crossover,

mikeandjen

Hey guys,

I replaced the driver's side header with the Kirban's replacement and can't get the crossover to seal on the flange. I have actually taken sandpaper and ensured no burrs or high spots on either ball flange but hasn't helped and also moved around several times.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket one still available? I might need a new flanged crossover as it is a little warped compared to the new header.

Help please.....

Thanks
Mike

I would think Kirban or some of the vendors listed on the Home Page should be able to help you out.

I have only had my stock headers fixed.

Thanks,

I think I have found that kirban has a one piece replacement. I am still searching for a two piece so that each side can be seated individually then tightened in the center.

Mike

Thanks!

I really appreciate it, I will be on the phone with postons and kirban first thing monday and have one or both coming and see which I like better.

Hope this solves it so I can drive the car again......

MIke

No problem:biggrin:

I checked both sites, and poston was the one with the 2 piece and kirbans has the one piece.

If you do end up buying the 2 piece, clamp it and drive straight to the muffler shop to get it welded / tack welded so it wont blow apart.

It will come apart, believe me.

BW:)

I had the same problem with mine , I fixed the leak buy loosening the crossover to the passengers side . Then snugged both up and no leaks worked perfect. Poston is the headers that Kirban sells. Did you use a gasket on your headers? To the head.

No I didn't use a gasket, kirbans said to just use sealant. I will most likely order the postons one since better adjustability. My old crossmember is just out of shape from the original header I guess.