Need your

I just read that Chuck. But are you suprised? Thats where we are at as a country today. How did we let ourselves slip into this mess?

thats a good question how we let ourselves slip into this. What is this country coming to?

Not in the

I just read that Chuck. But are you suprised? Thats where we are at as a country today. How did we let ourselves slip into this mess?

least bit surprized. Wait til the AG reads this news . He'll be chompin at the bit to have an independent investigation of the entire op manual used by the SEAL's....:rolleyes:
As for how did we get to this level... IMO, FAR too much PC bs from every crakpot organization, politician, etc.
They all think thier agenda must be of prime importance to the rest of the citizenry.:mad:

We are here because "we the people" keep voting in these slobs by continuing to vote for the "lesser of two evils".

Our military are out there as targets nothing more. They are not allowed to win and its been like this since the Korean War. Allied forces won a world war in 3 1/2 years against superior forces and we can't stop a handfull of untrainded insurgents with the thenology we have today.

C'mon how much horsepoopy do they expect me to believe?

Mikey

I hate to say it but I think the rest of the world is going to look @ the USA as a bunch of candy asses instead of the world super power.

I hate to say it but I think the rest of the world is going to look @ the USA as a bunch of candy asses instead of the world super power.

+1. We are starting to look like tiger that's been declawed and given prozac to the world.

I'm surprised , i really am, that's exactly why we don't take prisoners, now dead prisoners we had them by the hundreds and not one complain.

It's these freakin A-HOLES that sit behind a desk, that can judge a Seal and question his methods in such a hostile environment, that if caught just looking american, much less wear an american flag, they would chop your focking neck off and the pass the video to CNN so the dead soldiers family can see how he was murdered!:mad::mad:,

screwed up part is if this was done in a time of war and in a ( hostile fire pay zone ) those charges would have never come up.:mad::mad:

Dad was in WWII and he told me they never took prisoners if they had the lightning bolts on their collar (SS troops). Hmmmm. Were they smarter back then?

Mikey

"Lt. Col. Holly Silkman, spokeswoman for the special operations component of U.S. Central Command, confirmed Tuesday to FoxNews.com that three SEALs have been charged in connection with the capture of a detainee. She said their court martial is scheduled for January."

As a former MP I would like to say they should have terminated the b@stard. Since we're in the lounge I really can't say what I want to but this isn't right by any standards. The idiot in charge needs to be hung for the "political correctness" that this country is sufforing from. My father went through "the bulge" and never talked about it. I have my own demons from my time but this just aint right.

...The idiot in charge needs to be hung for the "political correctness" that this country is sufforing from...

"Political correctness", another term for TREASON! Which happens to be a crime that carries the DEATH PENALTY. You got my vote!

I think a better question would be how do we get out of this mess?...unfortunately I don't think there is a good answer to that question...well I guess there may be "good answers" just most of the time they aren't too realistic

Let's look at the charges:

PO2 is facing three charges: Dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

The other PO2 is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

The PO1 faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

As these are merely charges and have not been proven yet, I would ask a few questions before jumping to any conclusions.

Question 1: Did the alleged assault happen during apprehension of the person, or was it during the apprehension? If it was during the apprehension, than it may be acceptable. If it happened while the person was in confinement, than it is unacceptable.

Question 2: What are all these alleged charges of false official statements and impediment of investigations? These type of alleged charges are UNACCEPTABLE for any military member.

We have the greatest military in the world, and our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines must be above reproach in all of their actions.

I am not judgmental in this case as I only know what was reported in the news article in the first post, and I am positive there are a lot of circumstances not reported in the new article.

And before someone goes off that I am anti-military - I served for over 25 years.

this ain't fair

if one of our soilders was in captivity of the taliban or some terroist group the rights according to that of of a POW in the geneva convention wouldn't mount to a hill of beans but one of our soilders gets out of line or does something to disrespect the detainee's rights then he or she faces charges and who knows what reprecussions they may face. too many rules a soilder has to take into consideration when it comes to combat. if the playing filed was level then there wouldn't be any trials, or guantanamo bay or anything else. it's not like the opposition takes our rights as a POW into consideration when dealing with us if we where taken prisoner. i know our soilders have an uphill battle they face when it comes to making split decisions on the battle field. remember when they hung up contractors from a bridge in irag after burning their remains and doing who knows what. i know some may not agree but if you fight a war then you need to use the same tactics your enemy does. the only reason we haven't won this war is because of the politicians who consider collateral damage when chosing targets. saw a special where they knew where bin laden was but didn't bomb it because they saw toys and swing sets in the vicinity. in my opinion if you support a terrorist then you should expect to be treated as one. sure there will be collateral damage but i think some are acceptable depending on the terms. we'll never win this war with the way our politicians run it. if we took care of business along time ago we'd be done, our budget wouldn't be out of control and members of our service would be with their families and not 6 feet under or in some 3rd world sh1thole. just my opinion and some may agree and some may not but regardless you fight fire with fire then it'd be done with and a memory along with some cool war footage of some people getting what they deserve. think a terrorist cares if he kills an american child or adult, heck no as long as it's american then it's a target.