need your help

Krazed86GN

For the last few days I haven't been able to build any boost what so ever. Was flipping through the scan master and at wot the AF only gets up to 92 and when I was watching the rpms on the scan master they go up to 2400 like normal and then very slowly rise to about 2800 before it changes gears. Anyone have an idea of why it would be doing this? Has taken a lot of the fun out of driving out.

Tom

Have you checked for boost leaks, air fliter, plugs, wires, etc? Or scanmaster only?

I haven't had a chance to do a lot of checking just yet, took off the air filter, maf and intake pipe to make sure nothing had gotten loose there, the exhaust side is good as I have it exiting out of the dump right now. All the plug wires are on and secure and I've checked the usual places where my vacume hoses get loose and all are ok. I have all of next week off so planned to use that time to really get into it and see if I can find the problem, just figured I'd ask on here to see if I could save myself a little time.

I had that problem a few years ago on my 86' GN. Turned out to be a seized turbo. A piece of metal broke off the header and lodged in the exhaust turbine. :eek:

i'm hoping its something small, will find out next week i guess. thanks for the help guys, now i'm off to pray its not the turbo.