need xdf file for turbotweak 5.7

youdlose

GN2BEATU
Im tuning an 87 GN with aftermarket turbo, strectch intercooler and 60lb deka inj.

I have all the tune dialed in A/F wise to 11.2 - but even at 13 psi it has too much timing for our horrid gas. The owner doesnt have a scan tool, and I normally tune new stuff. Had a GN for 18 years and started tuning GN's back in 1992 and had Bruce Plecan as a mentor. RIP

But without a scan tool (sold my direct scan), I cant use the chips built in features, so i would like to edit the timing table manually. The 5.7 chip has a non stock location for the timing table, and I couldnt even find it using a hex editor.... Does anybody have an xdf file they can email me at youdlose@sbcglobal.net

Id post the file, but thats a no-no Im sure - and have tried contacting Eric twice, but I either gen no answer or get a busy signal. Left a message with his wife a couple days ago to call me, but have not recieved a call??? Anyone else have trouble getting in touch with Eric?

If anyone ever needs help tuning in the Milwaukee WI area, and uses Moats flash proms, I will usually help for free, or for $100 max for full tune. I have been tuning mostly LS for the last 4 years or so, and can help people with anything that can be tuned with HPT as well. I do it cheap for the love of the hobby, and the fact I am disabled - having had 7 back surgeries and 3 neck surgeries due to injuries at work.

Thanks for any help,

Walter (cell phone 262 391-9974 if anyone has questions)

Hello,
I am difficult to get a hold of by phone, email is better, or my support forum, www.turbotweak.com/forum .

My chips are not editable by the user. I would not attempt to edit anything as the constants and tables are not like stock, and you could cause damage. Practically the entire program on the chip is different.

I can reprogram the chip with less timing. That's not a problem. But I would also check actual timing with a timing light in diagnostic mode, to make sure the timing ring on the balancer hasn't slipped (it does happen). Also check to see if there is an aftermarket balancer on there.

How are you monitoring knock retard without a scantool?

Regards,
Eric

Thanks Eric! << Hats off to the quick email response system.... LOL

He pulled 4 degrees of timing for me, and as of last Saturday we went from 13psi with knock - to 17psi with zero knock. Running 16deg in first and second and 14 in 3rd and 4th (We have the worst gas here). We have not found the limit yet, and his new motor seems to have a bad lifter which we will be replacing this weekend along with adding a power plate, then retuning the AFR and continuing to up the boost til we find the limit of KR on the timing << VS >> our crappy gas. Will try to let ya know what we came up with if anyone is interested in the Milwaukee WI area and is stuck with our reformulated gas.