Need Winshield Wiper wiring diagram for 82

BADAZZV6

Slippery When Boosted
I'm at the end of cloning a 84 NA regal to a 82 TRSC and trying to clean up the small details. Since I changed all the wiring over a 82 TRSC I had to use the 82 wiper motor. It only has fast speed. The sprayer also doesn't work. I am using the 84 column, so I think there's an issue there. I want to try to repin the connectors at the motor if possible. I tested it with a known good unit and it acted the same. If someone could post or send me the wiring diagram I would appreciate it. My haynes manual only shows the late model setup.

I got it fixed. I swapped in my 82 steering column. It is wired a little differently. Now everything works: High - Low and the sprayer.

FYI for those cloners:
Cloning an 84 NA to an 82 TRSC can be an involved process. It was easy installing the turbo stuff, trans and rear-end and it ran fine that way, but I wanted the 82 dash. That's when it started.........

In the end I had to swap the entire inside harness behind the dash. You cannot just swap the dashes!!! After I did the inside harness, the engine bay harness would not plug in. Buick changed the connector pins. That drove me to replace the headlite & ignition harnesses.

That harness made me use my 82 wiper motor since the 84 connectors are all together different. That is how I got into my current situation with the wiper motor not working correctly, but swapping out the column was much easier than trying to re-configure the wiring to work.

If someone wants to do a clone, I would suggest trying to find a donor in the same year or so. If you have to go my route, save EVERYTHING until the project is done as I did this over a 2 year period. It was a good thing I stripped as much as I did. Hope this helps anyone cloning.

funny that as i have 'issues' with my wiper motor, and i havent changed a damn thing !
First the wipers struggled to work after 2 yrs of non-use whilst i've been restoring everthing else, they finally work but i only have one speed.

I pull the connectors off clean them as much as i can in the car and i get two speeds (cough - the lo speed means there is only a slight delay between strokes wipers still move at the same speed :)) still no 'intermittant' and the washer doesn't squirt.

General fiddling later and the squirt function works and i get a few wipes to go with it, nice, still no intermittant option and back to only one 'speed' (no delay for 'lo')

fiddle some more, not sure what i did, squirter squirts on every damn stroke of the wipers on thats it, no other options !

I guess there is a 'short' in the wiper board so i need to strip it out and clean it up.

in the meantime i tried looking on Google for a replacement unit, replacement will be new, clean, shiney and i'll be smiling........

there are none to be had !

unless someone on here knows different, i'd appreciate a link to the hidden stash of NOS wipermotors :)

Try NAPA online. They could get me one for $69 (my discount) for an 82. I don't know if an 80 is the same or not.

cool i'll have a look and see.

I made a slight bit of headway with it last night funnily enough, i remember when i picked the car up and drove it home the wipers didnt work so we bodged a piece of wire into one of the connections so they did work, that was 2yr ago, at some point afterwards i must have swapped the buick wiper motor for a Monte Carlo one that my friend had believing them all to be the same !, on comaprison the monte one didnt have the same controller and thats why the speeds etc were not working.

I stripped the old Buick one down and repaired the board last night, i'll try and hook it up at the weekend to see if i get any success... !

thanks for the heads up though, woudl much rather have a new unit in there !:)