need turbo help

bearnone

joe bear
i have a 85 gn i need to :confused:replace the stock turbo i think its the ta33c or could i get a different one that would bolt right on and where could i buy one thanks for any help

i have a 85 gn i need to :confused:replace the stock turbo i think its the ta33c or could i get a different one that would bolt right on and where could i buy one thanks for any help

You have a Ta33 that needs service ? Just send it out to get rebuild, try blasstperformance, i think it's 150 plus shipping(to/from canada) ust make sure you want it just as it was, same seal etc etc. I think hotair needs carbon seal not dynamic.

Or try some other turbo rebuilders, some members should throw some names out, gpopshop.com etc

for those more who are a little more adventurous........

carbon seal back plates are available for most any turbo application.

A.j.

im sorry about all the questions.does a ta49 fit. lol thanks

The Precision TBO 330 is a stock hot air turbo. The TA49 is an intercooled 86/87 turbo upgrade which will not fit unless you reclock it, make a turbo adapter and change the seals to carbon. You can have Precision convert your stock turbo to a TA33C which is a TA49 compressor installed in a hot air housing. This turbo is the only bolt on upgrade available for a hot air. Brad

The Precision TBO 330 is a stock hot air turbo. The TA49 is an intercooled 86/87 turbo upgrade which will not fit unless you reclock it, make a turbo adapter and change the seals to carbon. You can have Precision convert your stock turbo to a TA33C which is a TA49 compressor installed in a hot air housing. This turbo is the only bolt on upgrade available for a hot air. Brad

Not true any more Brad. The good dr has been making some upgraded backing plates so you can add a bigger turbo to a HA car.:biggrin:

Not true any more Brad. The good dr has been making some upgraded backing plates so you can add a bigger turbo to a HA car.:biggrin:

This is good to know and it gives me bad ideas which a long cold winter will surely kill off!! Thanks- Brad

This is good to know and it gives me bad ideas which a long cold winter will surely kill off!! Thanks- Brad

Send Aj a PM and wait on a response Brad. He really does have some special parts to upgrade both the C/T and the HA cars.:biggrin:

Here are pics of a 87 Turbo modified to fit a HA car... notice housings been rotated (reclocked) as well
look familiar dr frankenstein ;)

Attachments

• Turbo pics 032.jpg
    Turbo pics 032.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Turbo pics 027.jpg
    Turbo pics 027.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 168