Need trans work done

Robes87GN

Bench Racing Hater
I know everyone says jimmy's to get car work done, but I need someone around kankakee, champaign, or mattoon to do it. All I need is my trans taken apart, and my 2-3 clutch packs put in. Any places I can go that are reasonable. Remember, college kid.

Take it to jimmy's even if you have to take a longer drive.

I really enjoy my tranny after he did it.

good luck!

You live in Charleston, right? Another option is Bowlers Transmission is down in Lawarenceville, IL, about an hour south of Paris on Rt 1. He is an advertiser here, can find him on the home page. He will give you an honest assessment and price.

I go to school in mattoon, live 100 miles north in onarga. Talked to Bowler, but too much for me. I am having a local guy just replace the clutch packs.

Mark was to much??? WOW - if anyone quoted you less, I would be suspicious of their work. Bowlers is the most reasonably priced trans shop I know of AND their quality and warranty are top notch.

I have only heard great things about Bowler. The quote was just too much for me. I am in college, and money is tight right now. GN's and budgets I have found out aren't that compatible.