Need to know if this is a good deal on a typhoon

beatupGN

A guy in my neighborhood is selling a 1992 Typhoon with 112,000 miles on it. The interior is very clean the Body is pretty clean. The engine starts and runs but he says it needs a new motor.He wants $2700 for the truck is that a good deal if it needs a engine? or is it a good deal at all? I did not try to drive it because he wasnt there when I went to look at it just his wife. I am supposed to go look at it tomorrow (tuesday) and take it from there. So I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it. thanks in advance

i personally think that if the body is in good shape (paint, cladding) and that the interior is nice. The fact that the motor actually starts and runs heck ya i would buy it for 2700.

My bet is that the pistons has a crank due to knock or it has low oil pressure. these are common things with them.

Is it in CA? If you don't buy it I will. For $2700 I wouldn't even expect to get a motor. Let alone one the starts up. IMHO.
Post picks, i'd like to see what 2700 can get you these days.

Is it in CA? If you don't buy it I will. For $2700 I wouldn't even expect to get a motor. Let alone one the starts up. IMHO.
Post picks, i'd like to see what 2700 can get you these days.
I drove this one home today with ice cold A/C and no dents,dings or anything for $2,000:eek:

Its perfect inside and out but they didnt know what they had...Thats what they wanted and I didnt even try to beat them down:wink:

It dont have 2 colors its just wet from the fender back..

typhoon003.jpg

typhoon002.jpg

Wow! Simply Wow! I can't believe they didn't ebay it.
What do you guys think they should have gotten for it?
Great shopping man!

Great deal. Miami SyTy meet, trucks from all over Jan. 23rd-25th. Go to Syty.net forum for all the truck info.