Need to borrow a champion intake

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a read, i must say if you do all the stuff yourself,why's a machinist porting the intake instead of you,An if that guy's so good why would he have to base a job on another company's work???

I posted pointers on how to port a manifold. You claim you are doing the work yourself, but you really are having it ported by someone else? Did I get that right? An accomplished head porter my be completely lost on a Buick head. Porting it like a SBC will not reap the best gains. I will gladly tell you my approach to head porting/manifold porting. I spend more than my fair share of time on this board helping folks out for nothing. I lend a hand where I can. You NEED to turn the attitude WAY back. It serves no purpose. There are a bunch of good porting books available that you can BUY ($$) written by guys that know how to do it. Now they get paid via book sales to pass this info on to the willing purchaser.
Good luck with your project. Holding a die grinder in hand for hours and hours can be very fullfilling (or it can be very costly if you go too far.) Get to it and post pictures of your handi-work. I personally would like to see the finished product. If your friend is good, it might get him some business. Carry-on.......

Ken told you how to do it, Square the ports to whatever size you are doing the head to. remove the injector bumps, radius the entry, remove the EGR tower. Thats what pretty much everyone who does them does. The job takes a long time, there is a couple places you can break through if not careful, I like doing my own stuff as well but when I can justify the cost against my time, tools and materials, sometimes it makes more sense to pay someone. If you have a question call me.
Mike

Thank you Mike and Ken i appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.