Need some rim help for a friend

Super Kaz

My buddy is trying to order new rims for his 87 GN. I sent him a link to the rim and tire sticky thread on here. Was all set on 17x8 in the front and 17x9.5 in the rear. He placed the order through a vender for Billet Specialties and they called him back and said that a gn won't fit anything more than a 8" rim without a frame notch and rolled lips. Is this true? Do all those cars in the thread have frame notches?

My buddy is trying to order new rims for his 87 GN. I sent him a link to the rim and tire sticky thread on here. Was all set on 17x8 in the front and 17x9.5 in the rear. He placed the order through a vender for Billet Specialties and they called him back and said that a gn won't fit anything more than a 8" rim without a frame notch and rolled lips. Is this true? Do all those cars in the thread have frame notches?
FALSE! The wheels he ordered will be fine.... I would also do a 4.5" Back spacing but Most of those wheel & tire packages seen in my thread Do Not have a frame notch! and some have the wheel well lips rolled but that is not because of a 9.5" rear wheel!

Hell I have a 10" rear wheel and just have my wheel well lips rolled and No frame notch...