need some ideas

EatM up

im putting together an hotair engine this winter season and this is what i have in mind but dont know if it will be ideal or not. the block has been bored out .40 over because who ever owned it before me overheated it and it had melted piston all over the wall. im thinking on getting forged pistons with anti friction coating. ported heads, intake and TB. felpro race head gaskits double roller time chain set and a comp cam custom grind 69-000-5 they claim its 224 at 50 with .493 lift but im sure its going to be less then that. still looking for a good turbo just now checking into the ta-33 and dont know what to get for fuel injectors i do plan on upgrading to the fbody radiator and a super rebuild kit in the 200r4 tranny.

that being said is it to much not enough? should it make power or be a dog? whats your take on my problem?

im putting together an hotair engine this winter season and this is what i have in mind but dont know if it will be ideal or not. the block has been bored out .40 over because who ever owned it before me overheated it and it had melted piston all over the wall. im thinking on getting forged pistons with anti friction coating. ported heads, intake and TB. felpro race head gaskits double roller time chain set and a comp cam custom grind 69-000-5 they claim its 224 at 50 with .493 lift but im sure its going to be less then that. still looking for a good turbo just now checking into the ta-33 and dont know what to get for fuel injectors i do plan on upgrading to the fbody radiator and a super rebuild kit in the 200r4 tranny.

that being said is it to much not enough? should it make power or be a dog? whats your take on my problem?

The above mods are fine but the icing on your cake is missing. These mods should take well into the 13's. I would add 87ECM, TTchip, Gbody downpipe, Poston passenger side exhaust header, Hot wired fuel pump, adj. fuel press. regulator, Razor kit and while your at it the 87 ignition system. This will take you into the twelves in the quarter. If you want faster, modify a larger turbo to fit or convert to the 87 intercooled setup now. This is a quick and dirty summary. Ask for details and you will have all the info you need. Brad

i want to keep it a hot air so no IC swap for me, the turbo is junk and i do need to buy a turbo got any idea on what to get i cant find nothing off google LOL. i did start reading about that ecm swap but with a chip i dont need to put in a MAT right? the bigger radiator i want to use electric fan any ways and maybe a pump to, and did plan on doing the hotwire the rest of the fuel but dont know what to get for injectors and ill try to look for a header do i have to find a used one?

two more things how much horse power am i looking at im kinds wondering so i can choose the right tranny rebuild kit
and powerlogger is that a software for a laptop? can you hook it up in the 84 85 buicks?

i want to keep it a hot air so no IC swap for me, the turbo is junk and i do need to buy a turbo got any idea on what to get i cant find nothing off google LOL. i did start reading about that ecm swap but with a chip i dont need to put in a MAT right? the bigger radiator i want to use electric fan any ways and maybe a pump to, and did plan on doing the hotwire the rest of the fuel but dont know what to get for injectors and ill try to look for a header do i have to find a used one?

two more things how much horse power am i looking at im kinds wondering so i can choose the right tranny rebuild kit
and powerlogger is that a software for a laptop? can you hook it up in the 84 85 buicks?

The only bolt on turbo upgrade is the TA33C. I would buy the injectors once and they would be 60lbs along with the ECM upgrade and matched TT chip. The passenger side Poston header would be used and can be hard to locate. The powerlogger is an add on board to the 87 ECM which sends scan tool info to a laptop, allows wideband o2 control with chip and other features. These are all expensive so really research what you want to do and what is your budget and goals. Brad

my goal is to have a good weekend car and when i need to have the power i can have it lol. im working on the motor first had have what i listed orderd allready the forged pistons double roller timming set custom cam. now im going to buy some injectors tonight and still on the hunt for a turbo lol and a downpipe

ok so this is what i got up to date.
forged pistons .40 over
stock rods, and crank
comp cam with .493 lift
port and polish heads and intake. trying to find a ported TB
in the works of a ta33c turbo, 3" downpipe
60# fuel injectors, hotwire pump adjustable fpr
ecm swap with tt chip and powerlogger, maf swap

now should i put bigger valves in the stock heads is it worth it? and i know im going to need alky to. anything else im missing? should this be an ok build?

Best hotair tv money can buy

The work on this tb is awesome and probably hard to beat.

He advertises on ebay regularly as well but prices are the same.

I've got one on my car and it was one of only a handful of pieces that when I first saw it I was a little amazed. Very high quality work and attention to detail.

Just my opinion,

Jerry Berger Jr.

Best hotair tb money can buy

The work on this tb is awesome and probably hard to beat.

He advertises on ebay regularly as well but prices are the same.

I've got one on my car and it was one of only a handful of pieces that when I first saw it I was a little amazed. Very high quality work and attention to detail.

Just my opinion,

Jerry Berger Jr.

. . . .now should i put bigger valves in the stock heads is it worth it? . . . . .

IMO, no.
I belief that one of the main reasons bigger valves are installed, is because of the availability of a 1.70" severe duty valve.
The flow vs cost difference between the 1.7"0 and 1.77" valve is not warranted. Plus, there are more things to consider when instaling a 1.77" valves than diameter.

i dont remember the stock valve sizes off hand but the intake valve is bigger then the exhaust. And it would be a bad idea to even put bigger exhaust valve? just leave it with a P&B and nothing else with the heads?