Need some help

ersin87

Hey guys I need a little help with my car ever time I go for long rides or when my car is in 185 to 190 range if I turn off the car she won't start up until it's cooled down usually takes about 20-45 min be she will start any suggestions

Ign module

If the nut holding the wiring to the module is tight, try backing it off 1/4 turn and see if that fixes it.

Odds are if it's heat related and you verify there's no spark during the issue, it's most likely the ign module.

Hey guys I need a little help with my car ever time I go for long rides or when my car is in 185 to 190 range if I turn off the car she won't start up until it's cooled down usually takes about 20-45 min be she will start any suggestions

Does the starter turn over when it's still hot?
Had that one before.
Sounded EXACTLY like what you describe.

Ign module

If the nut holding the wiring to the module is tight, try backing it off 1/4 turn and see if that fixes it.

Odds are if it's heat related and you verify there's no spark during the issue, it's most likely the ign module.
Ign module

I will try it out in the morning but if that doesn't work you think it's ig module

Is there a lack of grounding between the battery and block? Doesn't electrical resistance increase with heat?

Nope starter does not turn over I thought it was my starter going bad but it doesn't make sense

Ignore what I said about the ign module then. You've got a sticky solenoid and/or weak power going to the starter.

Start with doublechecking all the battery connections for corrosion and making sure full voltage get to the trigger wire at the starter. Since it's heat related I'm betting if you can get someone to hold the key in the 'start' position (while hot) and you hit the starter with a metal rod, it'll start. That's if your cables are in good shape.

1st you say it wont start. Lets get back to the basics.... Is the car cranking or no????? if the car is cranking but not starting then you have 2 things it could be.1)fuel do you have a fuel pressure gauge on your fuel rail? if not push the little schrader valve in and see if fuel sprays out. 2) spark try the thing the 1st guy said with the module plug under your coil. if the car is not cranking you nave a loose connection,bad starter,or possibly bad ignition switch. I would guess the connection or starter. we need better explanation to help so your not pissing in the wind

Is there a lack of grounding between the battery and block? Doesn't electrical resistance increase with heat?
1st you say it wont start. Lets get back to the basics.... Is the car cranking or no????? if the car is cranking but not starting then you have 2 things it could be.1)fuel do you have a fuel pressure gauge on your fuel rail? if not push the little schrader valve in and see if fuel sprays out. 2) spark try the thing the 1st guy said with the module plug under your coil. if the car is not cranking you nave a loose connection,bad starter,or possibly bad ignition switch. I would guess the connection or starter. we need better explanation to help so your not pissing in the wind
Sorry about that so when temp get high when driving if I shut off the car it will not start no crank nothing no crank but when I wait 25-40 min to cool down straits right up

I did find a ground broke driver side engine ground you think that has anything to do with it

Sorry about that so when temp get high when driving if I shut off the car it will not start no crank nothing no crank but when I wait 25-40 min to cool down straits right up

I did find a ground broke driver side engine ground you think that has anything to do with it
yes also check the ground at the lower turbo bracket. then take it for a spin if it does it again immediately get under the car tap on the starter and try it, If it starts your starter is fried

Ignore what I said about the ign module then. You've got a sticky solenoid and/or weak power going to the starter.

Start with doublechecking all the battery connections for corrosion and making sure full voltage get to the trigger wire at the starter. Since it's heat related I'm betting if you can get someone to hold the key in the 'start' position (while hot) and you hit the starter with a metal rod, it'll start. That's if your cables are in good shape.
Did find a broken main ground wire on driver side engine
You need a starter. Buy a good one...
You think it's worth getting the mini starters

yes also check the ground at the lower turbo bracket. then take it for a spin if it does it again immediately get under the car tap on the starter and try it, If it starts your starter is fried
There is no ground by turbo bracket unless I can't see it's that ground visible ?

Follow the main ground cable from the battery to the engine. I'm going to say it's ok but check it out anyway.

Mini's are alright but buy a good one. You get what you pay for. Even with the lifetime warranty stuff. The cheapest big box starter will not last long even though it has a lifetime warranty. Spend a little extra. Brand new would be the wisest.

Follow the main ground cable from the battery to the engine. I'm going to say it's ok but check it out anyway.

Mini's are alright but buy a good one. You get what you pay for. Even with the lifetime warranty stuff. The cheapest big box starter will not last long even though it has a lifetime warranty. Spend a little extra. Brand new would be the wisest.
Ok thanks a lot I have one more question is it safe running around 200 degree seems a little to hot to me I order new rad from alradco and spal double fan from there as well do you think

200f is a little hot but not extreme. I like to see temp stay between 180-190f.

What thermostat are you running? Have you bypassed you low speed fan resistor? Fan working?

Alradco's stuff is top notch but make sure you really need it before you spend. (y)

200f is a little hot but not extreme. I like to see temp stay between 180-190f.

What thermostat are you running? Have you bypassed you low speed fan resistor? Fan working?

Alradco's stuff is top notch but make sure you really need it before you spend. (y)
Stock thermostat I have the new one have to put it in 160 waiting for all parts to come in to install all at once I haven't bypassed the fan Iam installing an rjc front mount that's why I'm going with alradco