Need some help with finding someone that can point me in the right direction

bagged84regal

hey guys now i know i will prob get some crap but i have a 84 limited regal and i just put in a small block chevy 350 and i have MAJOR issues now with it and i need to know if any of you can help point me in the right direction to a site where i can talk to other people that are actually on the site (like this one) and can actually give me feedback within minutes instead of months thank you all very much in advance

You can post your problems in the hybrid section. If it is Chevy 350 engine problems, most guys on here can help with them, too. It's just an engine.

Well its kind of a long story but i bought the motor off ebay in dec. of 08 i finally had the money to finish it up this month and have all receipts to prove that its been a long year process. I had been calling the seller this whole time asking questions and he has always aknowledged me; until yesterday when he told me to never call him again its not his problem.

So i get the motor hooked up and started to run it in the break in period, and only 13mins into the break-in period i have coolant shooting out of my headers (i was running open headers) so i shut the motor down, tear the heads and intake off to find all the gaskets just fine but there is one issue, i ordered the motor .30 over and this one is .60 over and then i see this huge scratch or scortch in 1 of the piston walls along with gunk in every water sleeve. My question is can i legally sue this person for not selling me what i had ordered or am i S.O.L

Also is this motor even going to be salvagable?? I plan on taking it to the machine shop this week but im already at a $1900.00 for the block pistons heads and oil pan if this one is no good.

PLEASE ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Attachments

• scratched wall.jpg
    scratched wall.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 99
  • gunked up water jacket.jpg
    gunked up water jacket.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 97
  • bored .60.jpg
    bored .60.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 93
  • dirty3.jpg
    dirty3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 99
We just went through this with another car. Turns out that the torqueing of the head bolts cracked the block between the 4 and 6 cylinder. Had to get another block.