need some help with a 88 RX-7 conversion

I am almost finished with this conversion,
I only have a few more things to finish it up, I need help with the A/C system, not sure what wires to hook up, or if you use the GN harness on the engine with the mazda hoses and stuff or just use the mazda stuff, does anyone have any pictures of that or any info on this as I'm stuck
any help would be appreciated...
thanks Brian

I am almost finished with this conversion,
I only have a few more things to finish it up, I need help with the A/C system, not sure what wires to hook up, or if you use the GN harness on the engine with the mazda hoses and stuff or just use the mazda stuff, does anyone have any pictures of that or any info on this as I'm stuck
any help would be appreciated...
thanks Brian

Here's the wiring from my S-10 swap, should tell you everything you need to know as far as the ECM tie-ins...
s10xgn01.JPG

thanks russ for your help,
this should clear up any issuses with the GN portion of the wiring, if anyone has info on the rx7 portion, and how it connects up to work correctly please let me know
thanks agin for any and all help

Hopefully these work for you.

Attachments

• 88rx7-turbo-MT-1-HeatACwiring.pdf
    53.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 88rx7-turbo-MT-2-HeatACwiring.pdf
    31.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 88rx7-turbo-MT-non-turbo-1-HeatACwiring.pdf
    50.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 88rx7-turbo-MT-non-turbo-2-HeatACwiring.pdf
    31.6 KB · Views: 95
These will help
But was looking fir someone that did the conversion,so I get it right the first time,thx fir your gelp

need some help, wiring up the ign. basically need to know how to wire ,power to the ACC, run, and start. with out backfeeding the wiring
I know certain wires (pnk./blk.)need power to the ACC, run, and start. also the starter wire (purple)to the start. and the relays wire (brn.) power in run.
this is a photo I am using to wire this up.
but if I make jumpers off the ign. wiring I am afraid of back feeding through adn powering ,lets just say if I turn the ign. to acc , then it would power the (pnk/blk wires but also the starter, since I am jumping to make sure all wires get the appropriate power.
not sure I am doing this correctly
any help is appreciated.
thanks brian

Attachments

• Wiring GN Motor color.jpg
    Wiring GN Motor color.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 128
need some help, wiring up the ign. basically need to know how to wire ,power to the ACC, run, and start. with out backfeeding the wiring
I know certain wires (pnk./blk.)need power to the ACC, run, and start. also the starter wire (purple)to the start. and the relays wire (brn.) power in run.
but if I make jumpers off the ign. wiring I am afraid of back feeding through adn powering ,lets just say if I turn the ign. to acc , then it would power the (pnk/blk wires but also the starter, since I am jumping to make sure all wires get the appropriate power.
any help is appreciated.
thanks brian
Wiring GN Motor color.jpg

Hello Brian...........I rarely view the Buick boards now days but needed a couple T wheel center caps and posted on the 'wanted list'. Anyway, while logged on I thought I would nose around and stumbled on your inquiry as Hybreds are near and dear. I did my 89 RX7 over 10 years ago. Still runing and showing but got away from the track. Last year I put together a Power Point show since I photographed every step and show it at cruise-ins. You are welcome to a copy if you provide an email address. The file is rather large. Background music is 'Bad to the Bone".......naturally!

Hank
hey im doing an rx7 swap aswell can i get that power point asweell? my email is sparkscarz4@gmail.com
thanks!

any help is appreciated.
thanks brian
View attachment 223281

i dont understand why and where you would back feed power.??

Well what I did is add a jumper to the acc, the ign 1, and the start wire from the ignition switch
The if you see the schematic , the 5 fuses are requiring power in acc, ign/run,and start, so I jumped a wire from the start wire to there and also from the ign. Wire
But the other wire from the fuse box requires power only in ign/run position
So if I'm running jumpers from ea. one then wouldn't I be sending power to the starter in acc ign and start
As well as the other wire (single )
From the fuse box that would also be energized in all positions
How do you power 2 different things from the same position and not feed other things ?
That's my confusion here
Thx Brian

Ok, I have tested all the ignition wireswith test lights coming offf the switch in my rx7, and have found these conclusions,
I have power to ACC wire(only) ,when the key is turned to ACC.
I have power to ACC, IGN 1, and IGN2,(only) when the key is turned to ON/Run.
I have power to IGN 1, and starter (only), when I spring forward to initiate starting.

so my question here is based on my schematic I posted above?

I can run power to the relays fuse from the IGN 2 wire and that would be fine since its only HOT in the ON/RUN position

I can also run power to the other fuses from the IGN1 wire since this wire is powered in ON & Start but not in ACC.

So my question is can this be ran this way or does this bank of fuse's need to be powered in ACC as well.

if so can I just splice the ACC wire into the IGN 1 wire and then this way I will have power to all 3 positions.

but this will also give power to the IGN 1 if you put the switch in ACC position, not sure if this will cause any issues?

or if I just leave it with power in the ON/RUN & Start if that is good enough?
and last why would you need power in the ACC position anyway?

any help would be appreciated, I am so close and don't want to screw this up now.......
thanks