Need some advice based on my setup. I am a rook!

snail power

What's up fellas,

So far it's been 2 weeks with the car and having fun but the only scantool I have thus far is a scanmaster which is about better than anything, either way I am gonna invest in either a t-link or direct scan because I want to record all driving behaviors and see what I come up with. Anyhow currently my mods are as follows:

honed, decked, balanced block, stock rods W- steel mains, TRW .030 pistons. New turbo crank W- Clevite "H" bearings. All ARP bolts, new harmonic balancer.Champion heads and intake with Siemmens-flowed 009's, fuel pressure regulator, TPS enhanser(Poston) and V-Plus volt booster(BG),ATR 213 cam, ram-air, billet double roller timming chain, chrome valve covers with breathers, MSD 8mm red wires, K&N filter, mini starter(new), Precision T-60 W-.82 Exhaust housing, stock IC (for now), 3-row hi-efficiency radiator w- Ramcharger dual fans, 160° thermostat 3"dp and test pipe, 2.5"hooker dual catback.

I have no MAL's although just curious.. FP is set to 46 (line on) and also has anyone here heard of an ATR 213 cam??? ECM chip is a Joe Lubrant 18/93 ..

Now can anyone reccomend if with those mods that fp setting sounds about right? and what psi setting is common to run in the street... so far to get 0 knock it's set at 14 psi but damn 2 extra psi to 16 feels that much better on this car.. If you can please help a rookie!! I ordered a helms manual so far but its gonna take 4 weeks to get since it's print to order and where can i get a good price on either T-link or Direct scan.

TIA to all

Nick

Snail,
Sounds like you have a good one in your hand...sounds a lot like Roy Garcias street ride .....;) LOL.

I will tell you this , if you got it from him the car is right and you shouldnt mess with it. But if at 14 psi the car dont knock , you can carefully sneak up on the boost to about 16-17 psi on 93 octane. Some cars can tolerate, it some cant.

Also some advise if you are new to these cars there are lots of info available in both TB com , TBS .com and GN T Type.org

Do a search on any topic ou maybe wondering about and youll be rewarded with lotsa info.

Good luck