need serious help

79regalturbo

hey guys, i am still havin a few problems with my buick. the car had a motor and turbo put in it in 1998. it had about 1000 miles put on it and it sat til 2003. i have been driving it for about 3 months. i am havin a rough time figuring out some problems.
i put a 160 themostat in it for the summer time, and when it got colder the car would bog down then pick back up, so someone mentioned put a warmer thermostat in it, i put a 195. now the tempurature on the gauge inside wont drop past 220. and if you get on the gas, the tempurature starts to shoot up really high, i put a new water pump on it, i put an electric fan on it, i havent replaced the clutch fan yet. but now the car is lacking low rpm power. i am really gettin frustrated, and i really need help so i would appreciate it if someone would help me out:)

First question that I have is do you have a vac/boost guage?
This will help to se if you have a vac leak & want boost level you are running.

220 deg with a 195 deg tem is normal, did that help with the bog?
Check your hose running from the driver header to the airbox. This should be connected, with the car running Check to make sure that the flap on the snorkle is 3/4 closed below 60deg. If not that is a problem.

Check your secondaries are opening with the car warm.

Jim