Need new MAF sensor

airgrabber

My MAF sensor went bad so I borrowed one out of a friends car and that was the problem. Was wondering what brand of MAF sensor I should buy. I see cheap ones on Ebay for about 30 dollars and my parts store wants anywhere from 70-200 for different ones . Any thoughts on what I should pick up brand wise ? How mu

I will probably buy one at the store so I have a warranty.Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The ones in the store are junk. Getting one that works is like hitting the lottery. This one is a oe ac delco that I know works and is garanteed. It don't get much better than that unless you go with a lt1, ls1 maf and translator. That runs about 3 bills.

I am not an expert on MAF sensors so thats why I asked. Was not aware that a used one may be the way to go. Buying used is sometimes a good idea but not always. Would you buy used toilet paper? used oil filter? etc.
I have a used one on my car now .Thx to those who posted useful info.

I am not an expert on MAF sensors so thats why I asked. Was not aware that a used one may be the way to go. Buying used is sometimes a good idea but not always. Would you buy used toilet paper? used oil filter? etc.
I have a used one on my car now .Thx to those who posted useful info.
Don't worry bud most people here aren't expert in maf's. My stock MAF was working good but I got a good deal on a translator and let me tell you what a diffrence. I'm using a ls1 and is 100 times better. Believe me you won't regret it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It all depends on if you are looking to keep original equipment or not. That is the only reason you would want a o.e. maf sensor. Otherwise ls1 or lt1 maf sensor and translator are the way to go.

I just bought the car that I borrowed the MAF sensor from so I need another sensor. Was thinking about going the translator route. Is it hard to change over ?price ? best place to buy? Thanks