Need Help

Frank Darcy

85gmgn
What would cause the MAP and boost presure reading that I am getting on my power logger? The car runs fine until I give it about 1/3 throttle and than pops through the intake. My vacuum gauge shows normal vacuum and boost readings. I disconnected the MAP sensor but the power logger still gives the same readings. Does this data file help? Thanks Frank

Attachments

• LogFile31712.dat
    51 KB · Views: 50
Hi Frank,
Do you have the MAP sensor output connected to the powerlogger input board #2 (similar to the wideband connection)? It acts like it's not connected.

Another thing I noticed in your log. You have the wideband 6.1 chip, and you have closed loop WOT turned on for 3/4 gear (set to 10.8), but you have 1/2 gear turned off (set to 9.9).

I don't see anything that would cause popping in the log. Did that log have the pop in there?

Eric

Hi Frank,
Do you have the MAP sensor output connected to the powerlogger input board #2 (similar to the wideband connection)? It acts like it's not connected.

Another thing I noticed in your log. You have the wideband 6.1 chip, and you have closed loop WOT turned on for 3/4 gear (set to 10.8), but you have 1/2 gear turned off (set to 9.9).

I don't see anything that would cause popping in the log. Did that log have the pop in there?

Eric
Thanks for the reply. I will change the setting for 1/2nd gear. The MAP is connected by the stock connector that goes to the ecu. Do I have to chase the wires, cut open the bundle and connect the map wires to the board? I did not do that

The MAP sensor isn't actually connected to the ECM. It's only used to run the boost gauge. You have to tap into the signal wire, and run it to the Powerlogger input board.
Eric