need help

jimmys434

i want to go e85 i have a aluminum fuel tank with sump i need to find a place that will anodize the inside of my tank i dont care if i have to ship it but local would be better thanks for and help

no one has had this done u mean to tell me everyone is running there stock tank?

Jimbo, we have talked with Paul about building a plastic tank mocked to look like our stock tank but with a sump. Your going to have to be patient on this one. I'm not sure if Paul is going to help us with this or not.

We really need a vendor to make an affordable tank, as I explained to Paul. This is the reason I have not finished my fuel system on the Stage car. Ther e is a huge lack of vendor support on this.

I cannot tell you where to get your tank anodized but DO NOT USE the Eastwood coating unless you dont mind rebuilding your motor. We tested this product and ended up needing to remove it with Acetone because E85 took it right out of the tank and into our filters. We pulled out pieces the size of notebook paper!:eek:

jermey i found a place in elkgrove thats going to look at the tank i have( it the tr cusome was selling) and there going to see if the cand anodize the tank inside if so im going to put it in and swich to e85

I agree. Aluminum is fine for E85 (ethanol). Methanol, on the other hand, is a whole different story.
Conrad

Run my aluminum cell no coating at all with e85 and e98 no problems what so ever. and fuel filter looks great and i run big dollar moran injectors