Need help

airborne_rex

Grand Nasty
Having trouble gettin my gn to run. It'll start for about 3-4 seconds then cuts off. It's not misfiring and the timing seems to be in sync, It has an LS1 maf sensor with translator, could that be causing the injectors to shut off if something isn't right with it? Not receiving any trouble codes either. I'm running out of ideas as it's not spark or timing and has fuel upon startup but doesn't keep running.

This may sound dumb but it starts and when you let off the key it runs for a few seconds? Is this what it's doing?

Yes it fires up for 3-4 seconds not just cranking. The chip I got from full throttle came with anti theft, any possibility it could be enabled? If so how do you reset it?

Are you sure your fuel pump is functioning properly? No ground issues? Can you always get it to start?

fuel pump

fuel pump kicks on and it fires everytime have 40 pounds of pressure all grounds seem to be in place

Anti-theft chip

When I had the Trasher Anti-Theft chip the car would start and run for a few seconds and then quit. I had to start the car with a certain sequence to start the car. This may be your problem.:D

Yes it fires up for 3-4 seconds not just cranking. The chip I got from full throttle came with anti theft, any possibility it could be enabled? If so how do you reset it?

I'm betting this is your problem, but I don't know the 'procedure'.... call Full Throttle or hit up TurboBob via PM...

Chip

The problem is with the chip I put the old one in and it fires and runs so I need to figure out how to reset the anti-theft or see if something else is causing it.

If the old chip is correct for the injector size, and the air/fuel mixtures are decent (ie. BL's are somewhat close to 128), then it's fine... if the chip is for different injectors, then don't run it like that.... but why not just call Full Throttle? or surely someone here can help you with the anti-theft sequence?? :confused:

I did talk to full throttle and they walked me through the anti theft disarm sequence but it's still not working i didn't plan on running the old chip long just until a new one arrives was just wondering if it would be a bad idea to run it in the mean time.

See my first sentence above ^^

If the old chip is for smaller injectors, it will run rich as heck, diluting the oil with gas, etc... not good... if the old chip is cut for the correct injectors it should be fine.. .:wink: