Need Help

melrob94

Just got through with rebuild. Car ran real well for a few days. Now I noticed a knock in the top end. I took the intake off and the cam and lifters look fine. The rockers are fine, no lash. Push rods are good, spinning and oiling. I noticed some air coming up through the number one injector, and the runner on the intake seemed wet. I have a edelbrock 204,214 cam with lifters, stock timing chain, forged pistons. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Rob

Sounds like a bad Oring on the injector. If there is fuel present DO NOT DRIVE UNTIL YOU FIND THE PROBLEM!! I would hate to read about a turbo buick burning to the ground. Jon Hanson

Figured it out. The EGR blockoff plate was leaking and causing a tick and puffing onto the injector. Found out after pulling the intake. The most obvious and easiest thing to check, I checked last.

Thanks.

Figured it out. The EGR blockoff plate was leaking and causing a tick and puffing onto the injector. Found out after pulling the intake. The most obvious and easiest thing to check, I checked last.

Thanks.

Cool, glad you found it. What was the signs of it leaking or how did you find it??? I've chased a slight tick for a while and after reading this I'm wondering if that's my problem.

I really enjoy bypassing the obvious and digging deeper into the engine just to gain knowledge. I did have a buddy who is a stethescope guru:rolleyes: help me diagnose the problem. After switching injectors around without success, I loosened the bolt on the egr blockoff and the tick got louder. Problem solved.