need help!

buickstage II

hey all,
i want to know if anyone had to tunnel bore the block? if so what bearings were they?

also what starter and flex plate are peoples running?

Many thanks Simon

buickstage II said:
hey all,
i want to know if anyone had to tunnel bore the block? if so what bearings were they?

also what starter and flex plate are peoples running?

Many thanks Simon

JW "the wheel" flexplate is what a lot of guys use. I think mini starters are pretty commonly used, not sure of brands here. :)

Big Stu said:
JW "the wheel" flexplate is what a lot of guys use. I think mini starters are pretty commonly used, not sure of brands here. :)

I have a JW wheel on my 153 and use a tilton mini-starter, I swear you could ride the thing around the block on the starter lol. Never had to line bore a buick, but had to line bore a big block Chevy I built a while back when we installed a set of billet main caps. I really don't think we had to go to a diff. bearing, but I am wrong from time to time on a daily basis. Drew

hey,
thanks Stu and Drew,
it has been a bit of a issue trying to assemble a stage motor in Australia so far!, and here i go again another problem i need to solve...
the reason i have got this problem is from when it was welded and then normalised, #3 main has shifted about 0.005" in an across planner. hence closing the caps still won't help to re align, second option is to source a set of 'oversized backed bearings' which allows the main journal to be bored. otherwise i will have to use a slipper bearing on it.

can anyone please tell me anything!

also whats the difference between internal and external balance flywheel?

many thanks Simon