Need help with wires in door

GNRick

Retired member
Will be removing doors for paint. I ran into two issues. There are 2 or three wires going to window motor. They were light blue, orange, and maybe a grey one. Anyway, I don't want to cut the wires. I reached in but can't really feel where they plug into the window motor. Do they just plug into the motor or do I have to cut the wires? Question #2: I want to remove the door trim on the outside of the window. There are three little phillips screws holding it on. It appears that only one screw is accessible when the window is down. Is the window not going all the way down or is there a trick to get to those screws? Thanks!

It's been a while but from what I remember yes there is a connector that unplugs at the window motor.

And in my experience you have to unbolt the glass and remove it to get the outer trim off. Maybe someone else found a better way:confused:

Loosen the lower window stop and let the window drop to allow access to the screws.

Wires in door

Power window wiring is dark blue and dark brown. Unplugs @ end of motor.
Power lock wiring is grey and tan if I remember correctly. Skidman.

Loosen the lower window stop and let the window drop to allow access to the screws.

You are correct! At least this is what the body shop dude told me. Will tackle it soon.Will also try disconnecting the power window wires (whatever color they are). Thanks for all of your replies.