Need help with turbo oil drainback

my85grandnation

85 Triple Threat
I am almost done with my conversion from hotair to intercooled and still need to pull my oil pan to have a bung welded into it for the oil return from the turbo. I have heard several people doing this but have never seen any pics of the best place to put it. Please if you have any pics post them up. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Dusty

Look at putting it in the top of the front cover. Its a fairly straight shot and when installed, it will lube the timing chain too. Just a thought.:cool:

Im in the middle of doing a 86/87 conversion on my 85 n/a regal and i used the fuel pump block off plate! Almost done. Just need to hook up some wiring and install fuel tank etc. etc.! Got alittle side lined! Had surgery on both my hands so Im laid up for a month! Hate seeing it so close to done and not being able work on it! Good Luck with your project! Craig

I had looked at putting it in the block off plate for the fuel pump, but wasnt able to find a good place to run the line without risk of it hitting the back side of the pulley on the waterpump. I think the best place on the pan will be right there in the front, but im not sure if the pans tall enough there to weld on a bung. The next best place Im guessing will be right on top at the front of the passenger side of the pan.

My line runs in from the back side of the turbo by the cam sensor! I didnt feel like pulling the pan thats why i did it that way! But I have seen a few turbo cars with a fitting put in the pan under the oil pump area! Mines a low buck conversion with parts I had lying around from over the years! When all is done I should have around $1500. in the car including the price of car! Its a beater !! Just couldnt stand driving it with a carb on it! Talk about no power! lol Good luck with your car! Craig

I cant wait to get this thing done. Its been almost a year since I started on it, I guess thats what happens when youve got other priorities:tongue: I dont have much left to do on it now.