Need help with TR Limited - smog due but no tranny

Drip Pan

Every Buick needs one!
Hello all--

It has been quite awhile since I've posted as life outside Buick-dom has gotten a bit hectic. However, would someone out there be able to assist me on resolving a small smog issue? My Limited has never had a problem passing the dyno test; however, the transmission has gone kaput and I can't even drive the car to a test station, much less get it on a dyno. I have paid the full renewal fees for the tabs but my renewal is in a "pended" status until the PRK is "assured" I am not polluting more than I should. :)

Thanks for any replies!

Morgan

Morgan

Good to hear from you. I think that Lou might have a nice one laying around. Not sure if it's spoken for though. I've got a small pick up truck (25mpg) that your free to use if you want to take yours out to Len Freemans shop. I think that his are the best bang for the buck.

Mike Barnard

Mike,

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it! :) Len did work on my black car so it was my plan to have him do the Limited "not quite so gonzo"...a good converter, hardened drum, deep pan, etc. My plan is to have AAA tow it to Neal's house (I'm a Premier member which helps), pull out the tranny (which went south when taking down a punk a-- Bullitt Mustang, BTW) then put it in the back of the Impala and drive it out there. I miss driving my sleeper! :(

Lou??

is that really a VW kit car??? :eek:
it looks so real! I really thought it was a real porsche. ;)
wow, good job converting it!!